How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

applejack
Padawan Learner

How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Post by applejack »

So it's billed as the conclusion to the franchise? I really liked the two movies and the several seasons of the series. No date on the release of this film, though.
Dear Lord, the gods have been good to me. As an offering, I present these milk and cookies. If you wish me to eat them instead, please give me no sign whatsoever *pauses* Thy will be done *munch munch munch*. - Homer Simpson
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Re: How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Post by tezunegari »

applejack wrote: 2018-06-08 02:47am No date on the release of this film, though.
According to IMDB the release in the US release day is March 1st 2019.
How to train your Dragon 3 Release List
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Re: How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Post by Sea Skimmer »

March 2019... I remember when it was 2016. Actually it's been so long I kinda forgot this was even a thing after the studio delayed it so many times, borderline went bankrupt and then finally got sold off after laying off a non trivial amount of staff. Katzenberg's meddling kinda screwed up the second movie and by extension left a third movie in a poor place storywise, Drago was supposed to be the final boss villain.

I dunno what to make of this trailer honestly, suspect like the trailers for the first tow movie's it really is just spoiling a lot, but I'm glad the director is getting his wish to share the book ending and end this at three movies. Katzenberg caused a lot of friction supposedly his desire to keep it open ended, he openly talked about making five movies at one point, and thus improve the value of Dreamworks studio which he was trying to sell forever.

The first movie is in my top three of all times, but I'm not digging the white night fury. It looks unfinished in a bad way. Otherwise though, I saw HTTYD 2 at a high quality 3D theater and it was amazing looking. This looks like it will also be amazing in 3D. And I'm not a 3D fan.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956