Deadpool 2 Teasers and Trailers

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

applejack
Padawan Learner

Deadpool 2 Teasers and Trailers

Post by applejack »

So, Deadpool 2 comes out in less than a month. I haven't seen any promotional material posted here other than that one pic of Cable on the next page. I guess maybe it's being overshadowed by Infinity War? Anyway, here are the major teasers and trailers for DP2.

Teaser #1 "No Good Deed":

Teaser #2 "Wet On Wet:

Teaser #3 "Deadpool, Meet Cable":

Trailer #1:

Trailer #2 (Final trailer):

I'm pretty excited and it seems to be at least as funny as the first one.
Dear Lord, the gods have been good to me. As an offering, I present these milk and cookies. If you wish me to eat them instead, please give me no sign whatsoever *pauses* Thy will be done *munch munch munch*. - Homer Simpson
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Re: Deadpool 2 Teasers and Trailers

Post by Broomstick »

Um... is it just me, or is the guy playing Cable the same guy who is playing Thanos in Infinity War?

And my budget is SOOOOOOOoooooooooo blown by all these Marvel movies. Damn you Marvel, for making all those movies that are so good I have to see them! :::: shakes fist ::::: How many are you releasing this year? How many? How many? I may have to get a second job, or sell an organ to pay for my movie habit. :::: sobs ::::

:lol:
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Only watched the first two, but after that I refuse to watch trailers ever since I got burned after my last stint at the theater. Plus, from what I understand, trailers that reveal too much tend to be a pile of garbage so I rather give a fair go than be already critical.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Broomstick wrote: 2018-04-26 10:05pm Um... is it just me, or is the guy playing Cable the same guy who is playing Thanos in Infinity War?

And my budget is SOOOOOOOoooooooooo blown by all these Marvel movies. Damn you Marvel, for making all those movies that are so good I have to see them! :::: shakes fist ::::: How many are you releasing this year? How many? How many? I may have to get a second job, or sell an organ to pay for my movie habit. :::: sobs ::::

Yes, it's Josh Brolin.

Yes, there are going to be jokes about that.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Well Deadpool did say Thanos. ;)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

I know "Not on my watch, Motherfucker" isn't the most unique comment, but was that a Jay and Silent Bob reference?
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

I hope someone makes an annotated version to keep track of all the easter eggs, there are really a lot.
And the cameos... :lol: :lol:

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I saw it, and it was all the cheesy Deadpool goodness we wanted.

And OMG the Easter Eggs, the Cameos, the in-jokes, the DC references, the Marvel References....
But two points in Particular:
1. Luck *IS* a Superpower, and amazingly cinematic.
2. Dammit, he's right about "papa can you hear me"
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

My wife and I went and saw it on Monday then went and got a bite to eat at a nearby Chinese buffet as a 4th wedding anniversary celebration. It was worth the price of tickets, I would say.
Spoiler
Seeing Colossus say "Fuck" to honor Deadpool's dying wish was pretty great.[/spoiler.]
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

I honestly haven't laughed that hard in a cinema in years. It's exactly what I expected in a Deadpool sequel, bigger, louder, more violent, cruder and yet at times really deep and heartwarming.

Apart form the post-credits scene, the hardest I laughed was the way they handled X-Force parachuting in.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I was expecting this thread to a lot bigger, not many people seen it?

Deadpool 2 was only fine for me, suffered a lot from sequelitis. But a lot it felt like re-tread or just a bit flat. The storyline is as basic sequel material as can be. Negasonic is just criminally underused as well.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2018-06-07 10:51amI was expecting this thread to a lot bigger, not many people seen it?
Nothing I saw in the trailers looked visually impressive enough to be worth the effort of seeing it in a cinema. So I'm waiting for the streaming release.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2018-06-07 10:51am I was expecting this thread to a lot bigger, not many people seen it?

Deadpool 2 was only fine for me, suffered a lot from sequelitis. But a lot it felt like re-tread or just a bit flat. The storyline is as basic sequel material as can be.
It felt more... random, to me. In the first film, the jokes seemed to be less random, less forced (at least as I recall it), less like they were just trying to be outrageous, and frankly less mean-spirited a lot of the time. Also, the film felt more like it was trying to tell a serious story while being funny. I mean, Deadpool 2 had a story, and a pretty dark one, but it just felt... less sincere, somehow, to me.

Also, this isn't necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, but I felt like the first film could almost have fit in the MCU, but this one... not so much.

Ultimately, it felt like the first film was a parody, and this film was more like a parody of a parody, if that makes sense.

Also, the opening credits were admittedly funny, but lamp-shading your fridge-stuffing doesn't make it less offensive, clichéd, or irritating. Especially because I really like Vanessa.
Negasonic is just criminally underused as well.
Yeah, the female characters from the first film generally got kind of shafted. That said, I would give this film pretty high marks overall for diversity in casting. I also liked Domino. Cool concept, nifty powers, works good for a comedic film like this while still being bad ass.

The bad guy plot being centered around a secretive bad guy facility abusing children from a minority group is timely if you've been following news from the US border, and almost prescient, given that the script must have been written at least a couple years ago. Of course, the X-Men have always been a metaphor for bigotry and the oppression of minority groups. But I'm not sure it worked for a film that was trying to be an entertaining action-film/comedy. It hit too close to current events for me to not take it deadly seriously.

I guess it was worth the eight bucks I paid for admission, and the two hours I spent on it, but its a movie that you'll probably like more if you can turn your brain off for it, more than the first one was.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Saw it last night, was a pretty awesome battle between Colossus and Juggernaut, the latter who was defeated by the former shoving a live wire up his ass! :lol:

It certainly had its share of laugh-out-loud moments, especially the scene in the flat after Deadpool was torn in half in the same way that Hulk did to Wolverine. The very start reminded me of this! :D
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

The joke that stands out for me is Spoiler
Deadpool asking Cable if he was from the DC universe, because he's so dark. And calling the goon from the mutant torture school Jared Kushner. Opening credits were good too- lampshading your fridge-stuff doesn't change the fact that its fridge-stuffing, but it was funny.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

HISHE did a great job- spoilers for IW aplenty! :lol: