What would you want to be in Jurassic Park/World

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

What would you want to be in Jurassic Park/World

Post by Majin Gojira »

With Jurassic World II around the corner (and because I'm also re-reading the original novel), this has been on my mind. We're 25 years out from the release of the original film, and with all we know now I ask it: What would you want to see?

Be it just for the movies, or if such a thing actually were a thing.

What prehistoric animals would you want to see? Old classics, or something else?

What creatures do you think could use more exposure?

The only limit I'd put on it is . . . Pine Trees and amber. 320 to 230 Million years ago for the oldest known ambers to get DNA from (ignoring the decay rate of DNA, of course).

Otherwise, go nuts on what you'd want to see brought back for movies or reality.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: What would you want to be in Jurassic Park/World

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Allosaurus. Long one of my favorite dinosaurs. Especially if they portray it as a pack hunter.

Giganotosaurus, so I can watch all the T-Rex fanboys whine about Rexy getting upstaged again.

Therizinosaurus. Just a strange-looking beast.

Feathered dinosaurs.

Deinosuchus. Giant crocodile, enough said.

One of the really big sauropods, like Argintinosaurus.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Silurians. A Doctor Who/Jurassic Park crossover in the making.

Confined to Jurassic World, I'd like to see a restoration of Jurassic Park style architecture, giving the place a more real sense of what it was, as opposed to the futuristic hamster balls and holodecks from Jurassic World.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

FaxModem1 wrote: 2018-02-24 05:20pm Silurians. A Doctor Who/Jurassic Park crossover in the making.
I'd pay to see that. :D

But Who is probably one of the easiest TV series ever to cross over. I'm surprised, even taking the legal rights issues into account, that they have done more official crossovers.

Personally, I don't mind the futuristic look in Jurassic World (the very premise requires a world that is technologically ahead of our own in some respects), and going back now would feel awkward, I think.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

A comprehensive health and safety inspection before the grand opening.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Enclosures based on real zoo techniques so they look better and don't stop working when the power's off.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

A comprehensive health and safety inspection before the grand opening.
Enclosures based on real zoo techniques so they look better and don't stop working when the power's off.
Those almost go without saying, but in this franchise. . .

For animals, here are a few that I'd like to see (that haven't been mentioned yet):

Halszkaraptor - The Diving Raptor the size of a duck. It's small, cute, and weird.

Mononykus/Shuvuuia - Just so we can get some different speculation going on what those tiny claws were for.

Microraptor - It's gotten a few depictions, but c'mon. A 4 winged dino-bird? How can we not!

Yi qi - Another tiny tree dweller, but this one with "leathery Dragon wings".

Deinocheirus - the humped-back duck dinosaur. Yes, really.

Kulindadromeas - these would have been so good for the 'petting zoo' in Jurassic World . . .

Khaan & Gigantoraptor - Oviraptors are really weird dinosaurs. Khaan is one fo the best known specimens, but "Oviraptor" stoll its head and has kept it. And Gigantoraptor is huge enough to be a goofy-looking menace.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

I'd say Utahraptor, but the up-scaled "Velociraptors" of the films basically are Utahraptors already.

Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

I'd really like to see some Allosaurs. Their bones are all over the place in Utah, so it would be pretty neat to see a live one in the flesh.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood