Which wins in battle?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Destroyer vs Doomsday (movie versions of both)

Destroyer
No votes
Doomsday
88%
Draw
13%

Total votes: 8

EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Which wins in battle?

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Despite seeing BvS long ago, recently I found myself asking the question- if the Destroyer seen in Thor fought Doomsday from BvS, which would win? Assuming the Destroyer was being piloted remotely like it was in Thor.

The reason I ask is that both share some characteristics- both are highly destructive, have virtually identical beam attacks and have vulnerabilities that would be very difficult to exploit. The destroyer was defeated with the use of Mjolnir, because the hammer was the only thing that could block the beam (in the same way that WW's gauntlets could that of Doomsday). Destroyer meanwhile survived being impaled by Sif which only stopped it momentarily before it resumed its attack. Doomsday shared Superman's vulnerability to Kryptonite but even then was very difficult to get close to.

Me, I'd have to give this one to Doomsday because Destroyer has no direct counter to DD's ability to absorb and release some form of energy blast, as well as DD's ability to leap like the Hulk to give greater mobility. I think the greatest unknown is what effects DD's reflecting attack would have on Destroyer, if any.

Thoughts?
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Which wins in battle?

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I'm going with Doomsday.

He's above Superman-tier, and the DC universe, film-wise at least, is generally more powerful than the MCU.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.