You are the Night King (Game of Thrones RAR).

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

You are the Night King (Game of Thrones RAR).

Post by The Romulan Republic »

So, by act of Q, you wake up in the body of a character in Westeros. Not a peasant, or a knight, or even a king.

No, you are now the Night King, ruler of the White Walkers and their horde of undead wights. Due to being undead, and your supernatural powers over them, your army will obey you without question. They will not tire, panic, or mutiny. They do not require provisions or shelter. But they retain enough intelligence to wield weapons and tools, and to employ at least limited tactical planning.

However, your forces are not at full strength. The Wall still stands, you don't have an Undead dragon, and further enquiries of prisoners will reveal that it is a few months before King Robert Baratheon is due to visit Winterfell.

I'm not sure what numbers the Walkers canonically had at this point, but I'm going to say a few thousand wights and a handful of walkers, max.

How do you proceed?
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: You are the Night King (Game of Thrones RAR).

Post by FaxModem1 »

Leave the other peoples in Westeros alone. Ask the Children of the Forest and the Three Eyed Raven if they could cure me.

If they can't, build a beautiful ice palace, as the cold never bothered me anyway.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Yeah, leaving everyone alone and just being King in the (Far) North is not the worst plan, even if its a boring one. I mean, its not like anyone (especially the North) would be likely to welcome your "help".

Still, I think if nothing else I'd get depressed surrounded by nothing but zombie puppets, or wild animals. So I'd probably try to form ties of some sort with other humans, as difficult as that would likely be.

Still, I imagine there's got to be someone out there who would overlook the whole "undead" thing. Maybe not someone I'd want to associate with, but someone.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I'm not pro-zombie Apocalypse, so a sad life in exile might be necessary, Westeros is going to go through enough in the next few years, and I don't want to add to the pile. Maybe occasionally go to Braavos in disguise to trade for books, but that's about it. And I'm really not sure if winter will follow me if I leave the North.

Worst case scenario, I stab myself with Dragon glass or Valyrian Steel, and end the existential threat right there and then.

Better one dead volunteer than thousands of dead peasants.
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Post by DesertFly »

It really depends on whether the Night King brings winter with him or not. Being able to set up my own state, with armies to use to support the causes I believe in would be great, as long as I could leave winter behind once in awhile.

I wonder how much personality the zombie followers have. If it could be proven that they had even a little, then it would be a possibility that I could keep their numbers up in a not-evil way by creating essentially a "cult" throughout the Seven Kingdoms, raising the newly dead corpses of those who had agreed to it beforehand. (I'm having flashes to the Lich King and Sylvanas from Warcraft, and they augment their populations through non-ethical means.) I wouldn't want to be evil and raise what are essentially slaves without them knowing about it, but I wouldn't want the undead "nation" to completely decay away, especially with the fact that they could be used as a force for good change in the world.
Proud member of the no sigs club.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

More importantly though, what would my sex life be like?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Post by DesertFly »

I don't know what it's like for you, but mine couldn't be any more frozen if I was the Night King with winter following me everywhere! :)
Proud member of the no sigs club.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I count the number of rideable spiders and use them to determine whether I'm in the books or the show. If I'm in the show, I curse my lack of rideable spiders.

Otherwise I do what you would any other time, I try to make peace with the Free Folk, the Children of the Forest. I might, for irony's sake send the Starks a letter (sent to the Wall, addressed care of Benjen Stark) outlining the plot against them and specifically who to look out for and why.

I open up as much communication as I can with the people around me and if possible, stop raising the dead. I write out such things as I think will benefit the people, including the secrets of movable type printing, germ theory, as much physics as I can remember (Newton's Laws of Motion chiefly spring to mind, and such things for the most part) maybe gunpowder too.

This publishing will also continue to the history of Earth as I know it, and political philosophies as I know them (to be released via Braavos of course).

Unless I'm aware of a reason not to, I'll also denounce the Great Other to try and stop Red Priests coming to kill me.

All depends on what I in fact am though. If I need sacrifices of babies or so on, well, fuck it, time to feed my army and followers to the Night's Watch ten at a time.
Tribble wrote: 2018-01-06 07:59pm More importantly though, what would my sex life be like?
Mythically in the books there's a story of a female Other sleeping with one of the Lords Commander of the Night's Watch, who became the Night's King. So... probably okay.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth