Vogons target Minbar

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Vogons target Minbar

Post by FaxModem1 »

Due to some paperwork, politics, lobbying, and bad bureaucracy, the Vogon Constructor fleet(from Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy) is told, in triplicate, that their bypass needs to be constructed right where Minbar(from Babylon 5) is located, instead of Earth.

The announcement was made and posted on Zahadum. Didn't you get the memo?

Scenario 1: This happens in 2247, a month before the Earth-Minbari war.

Scenario 2: This happens in 2258, right before season 1 of Babylon 5 starts.

Scenario 3: This happens in 2264, two years after season 5 and the Interstellar Alliance is established.

What happens?
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Re: Vogons target Minbar

Post by Bedlam »

Do we have anything like enough evidence on the capabilities of the Constructor fleet to make any decision?

We know the fleet can destroy a planet in a few minutes but we don't know anything about it's defensive abilities and toughness. Maybe a single shot from a Minbari fighter will destroy one, or maybe the entire planets defences could blaze away for hours and not scratch one.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I assumed the scenario was less Vogons vs Minbari and more a funny way to set up 'What happens to B5 verse with Minbar'
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

You mean 'without' Minbar, we already know what B5 'with' Minbar looks like :P
And I'm with Bedlam-other than that they can 'somehow' casually blow away a planet (and that the crew is butt-ugly and loves really shitty poetry) we know nothing about the offensive or defensive capabilities of Vogon construction ships.

For a Vogons vs Boneheads slugfest the year shouldn't matter much, their military capabilities don't seem to have changed much.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2017-11-11 05:26pm I assumed the scenario was less Vogons vs Minbari and more a funny way to set up 'What happens to B5 verse without Minbar'
Pretty much this, as it would affect a lot. That, and I just find the idea of the proud, arrogant Minbari having to fight bureaucrats for their very survival funny. Though if it's an even enough fight, I'd love to see the results of that as well.
Batman wrote: 2017-11-11 07:14pm You mean 'without' Minbar, we already know what B5 'with' Minbar looks like :P
And I'm with Bedlam-other than that they can 'somehow' casually blow away a planet (and that the crew is butt-ugly and loves really shitty poetry) we know nothing about the offensive or defensive capabilities of Vogon construction ships.

For a Vogons vs Boneheads slugfest the year shouldn't matter much, their military capabilities don't seem to have changed much.
Well, Scenario 3 makes them the headquarters of the ISA, with all the defenses therein to call upon. Might not be a game changer, depending on the Vogon technological level.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

And prior to that it was the capital of the Minbari Federation, which probably outguns the rest of the ISA combined.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'