Viltrumites, Kryptonians, Kherubim and others in the Stargate verse.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

RedLocque
Redshirt

Viltrumites, Kryptonians, Kherubim and others in the Stargate verse.

Post by RedLocque »

How do you think it would affect and/or change things within the Stargate verse if a section of the galaxy (Via Lactea) had been colonised by the Viltrumites (Image), the Kryptonians, the Kherubim, the Daxamites, the Almeraci, the Tamaraneans (DC), the Strontians and the Eternals (U-13034) (Marvel) around the time the Alterans were first building gates across the Milky Way as part of a collective effort to curtail Darkseid's plans?
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: Viltrumites, Kryptonians, Kherubim and others in the Stargate verse.

Post by Simon_Jester »

...Who are all these people? I mean, I know broadly who the Kryptonians were, but as I recall they didn't actually go for galactic colonization. What about the others?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Daxamites and Tamaraneans are also DC. Daxamites are essentially Kryptonians with lead replacing kryptonite as their weakness. Tamaraneans is the race of Teen Titans' Starfire. The Eternals are from 'somehwere' in Marvel but that's all I know. The rest, no clue.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Great, we're going to end up with Gou'ald System Lords with Kryptonians as their host.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Well, the galaxy would be defined by these races with the SG races being mostly an afterthought.

The Viltrumites and Kherubim especially are expansionist.

It should be noted the commonness of power levels varies- Viltrumites, Kryptonians, and Daxamites all have basically the same power set (with each other too), every member has the same powerset. Viltrumites are easily the most aggressive of the three, going out and conquering by sending individuals, while Kryptonians even in their militaristic phases tending to just make sure they have a secure homeworld and everyone around knows who's boss (destroying them if they're potential threats). Daxamites usually tend to be isolationist, but in some cases they've been known to wipe out species that threaten them. So the latter two may engage in paranoia wars, while Viltrumites wars of aggression.

Kherubim vary in power- their Warlords are up there with the Kryptonian-etc. power set. Their base citizens are notably superhuman (like in the wolverine/deathstroke range, sans regen), but they have different groups with their own sets of powers. Shifters can shape metal-like blades and armor, Titanthropes have growth/strength/toughness powers, and Lords each have their own unique power set (Lord Emp having psychics and mental manipulation, his brother had probability manipulation). I'd say the highest tech of the populous groups, and they do have swords that in the hands of skilled warlords can cut their warlords (and thus pretty much anyone present). They have less raw power than the Viltrum/Krypto/Daxamite trio, but they're good at war and have a lot of flexibility and options. Also, pure-bred Kherubim births are super rare, but it's much easier for them to have halfbreeds, so there's a lot of mixed blood kherubim with various powers.

Strontians, they're like mini-supermen of notably lower power level unless they undergo the Gladiator process, which few can survive. I assume this is before they were mostly wiped out for rebellions. They're enough to bully any of the non-introduced species fairly well, but not to the same extent as the heavy hitters, and they'll lose in a war to any of the above (innately they have more power than the Khera, but the tech and numbers and such make a difference). Plus they aren't very expansionist, so they're likely to focus on defending themselves, possibly making allies to do so.

Eternals (who mostly live on Saturn's moon of Titan, but go pretty much wherever. Also I assume the rogue deviant titan, Thanos, is not included) are a very small population who have a certain array of powers that each of them has different focuses within. Overall I'd say most are less rawly powerful than a strong combat trained kryptonian or viltrumite, but their immortality and more esoteric powers (matter manipulation, psychics) makes them a disproportionate threat considering and no-one would want to fight them. They're noteworthy but won't spread over the galaxy or such. I could easily see them becoming mediators.

Almeraci, all their Royals have a similar power set (strength/toughness and psychics, especially telekinesis) but the level of their normal citizenry is unknown, almost certainly much less. I could see them allying with the Strontians for mutual defense (plus Queen Maxima would certainly be interested in marrying a Gladiator with the right personality).

Tamaraneans are mostly fairly low-powered, with flight and somewhat higher stats, with the most famous ones (Starfire and Blackfire) being experimented on to grant a much higher power level, but even then below the big hitter species. They don't factor in.

So in short, Viltrumites and Kherubim go around carving out chunks of the galaxy, Kryptonians and Daxamites go after those who could threaten them, Strontians, Almeraci, and maybe Tamaraneans might form defensive alliances (and possibly link in with the most powerful Stargate races like Alterans, just for economic and ship support), and Eternals try and keep everything from exploding.

Oh, and if Darksied shows up? It'd be in his best interest to turn around and leave, that is a *lot* of military power.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I know nothing much about any of these folks except Kryptonians, but if they're high-end Kryptonians, that would be enough to upset the whole balance of power.

Hell, just having Supes helping out SG-1 would.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Though Krypton being there doesn't necessarily mean it blows up and Clark gets sent to Earth.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
RedLocque
Redshirt

Post by RedLocque »

For all intents and purposes, as far as this scenario is concerned, Krypton never blew up (so no Kryptonite), the Shi'Ar never blew up Strontia's star, the Scourge virus had a significantly smaller percentage of contagion and thus affected a very small part of Viltrum's population, Khera won the Daemonite war relatively quickly with Kryptonian and Viltrumite aid, and the Eternals in question are from the current Hyperion's reality and Eternia never was destroyed.
Kryptonians, Argosians and Daxamites have the basic Kryptonian power set, but the population's power levels go from post-Crisis (these being the most numerous) to Silver Age levels (no higher than 5% of their population.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

okay, physically powerful races. (some limitations, like Kryptonians being powerless on their homeworld).

How does their tech compare to the Ancients/Gou'ald? I don't care how powerful they are, if they can't get away from orbital bombardment, they're screwed.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
RedLocque
Redshirt

Post by RedLocque »

Hmm, I was actually wondering whether the Ancients would see them as a threat or as possible partners? And whether the Goa'uld would try and take them as hosts, and if so, whether any, some or all of the races mentioned would be susceptible to being taken as a host or whether they would be immune, or able to resist through technology or biology.
Also, since they would be contemporaries of the Alterans, would there be some or any of them on Earth to help kick out the Goa'uld? Would they still have a presence on Earth by the time the Stargate was recovered and deciphered and Stargate Command started operations? What would the reaction on both parts be like?
I know, I'm chockfull of questions. :D
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

RedLocque wrote: 2017-09-19 05:20pm Kryptonians, Argosians and Daxamites have the basic Kryptonian power set, but the population's power levels go from post-Crisis (these being the most numerous) to Silver Age levels (no higher than 5% of their population.
Except upper end post-Crisis IS basically Silver Age, just without the 'pulls a new power out of his ass every other issue' issue
RedLocque
Redshirt

Post by RedLocque »

Solauren wrote: 2017-09-19 05:21pm okay, physically powerful races. (some limitations, like Kryptonians being powerless on their homeworld).

How does their tech compare to the Ancients/Gou'ald? I don't care how powerful they are, if they can't get away from orbital bombardment, they're screwed.
Ah, excellent point. I believe I stated that the races I mentioned had colonised a sector of the galaxy, therefore their worlds would not be their original ones. One would think that, at least as far as Kryptonians, Argosians and Daxamites are concerned, they would settle worlds with stars which would empower them, as an added layer of security. Especially when allied to such "delightful" beings as the Viltrumites and having Darkseid as an enemy.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Bit more on their tech-
Kryptonian tech is quite advanced, they became a fairly significant military power *without* their powers. Some individual bits, like the Eradicator and their stronger ships, are very dangerous even on their powered level. Superman did beat General Zod's flagship when Luthor recreated it, so their personal power comes first, but it wasn't easy, so Their tech is not quite as dangerous as they are

The Khera developed their technology during a very long war with a peer opponent, the Daemonites, and it shows. While most of it is less dangerous than their stronger individuals and individual capabilities can sometimes replace it, even the most powerful Kheran Warlords have used technology to perform feats that would otherwise be difficult or even enhance their combat capacity (Magestros, Wildstorm's primary Superman expy, once made an exosuit to beat a peer foe attacking with a horde of robots. While his powers did a lot of the work, the technology helped). Also their super abilities *are* the result of engineering Kherubim tech moderately increases their danger level. Their FTL is kinda slow, but they make some really dangerous stuff.

Eternals are quite advanced, but rarely use in fights. Still, stuff like cloning, teleportation, giving others powers, force fields... it's useful. Eternal technology slightly increases their danger level They are only rivaled by the Kherubim for most advanced.

The Viltrumites are high tech and have warships, but fighting wise, rely heavily on their own power. Their tech is advanced but notably less dangerous than they are. It is good for letting them get around between thousands of worlds.

Strontian tech is Shi'ar tech pretty much, they rely on the Shi'ar. They don't have a big fleet or anything, but Shi'ar warships are dangerous. Someone like Gladiator is still out of their league, and they don't really have anything that's small and dangerous, militarily even their normal soldiers rely on their own strength. Strontian tech is advanced and moderately aids their danger level, but only because their danger level is notably lower than the above.

Almeraci tech is unknown, likely DC-normal but probably with some warships and such. Probably something akin to Strontian or Tamaranean, maybe with larger number. Almeraci tech likely doesn't significantly affect their threat level

Tamaraneans are experienced spacefarers and have a better fleet than Daxamites, but nothing really heavy hitting. It's a large part of their threat level, but not enough to compete with the big dogs, and they don't have the industry to construct big fleets. Tamaranean tech is a key factor in their threat level[/i], which is pretty low all in all.

Daxamites, depending on the version, either have no space travel or just basic DC space ships. Daxamite tech is mostly good for transit and does not aid their danger level. They're the lowest-tech here.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Batman wrote: 2017-09-19 05:26pm
RedLocque wrote: 2017-09-19 05:20pm Kryptonians, Argosians and Daxamites have the basic Kryptonian power set, but the population's power levels go from post-Crisis (these being the most numerous) to Silver Age levels (no higher than 5% of their population.
Except upper end post-Crisis IS basically Silver Age, just without the 'pulls a new power out of his ass every other issue' issue
Even upper end post-Crisis doesn't get 'sneeze and blow away a solar system,' or pull a whole string of planets- move planets, yes, but moving a planet is a multi-person job for post-crisis Superman.

Honestly tossing in Silver Age kryptonians into the mix is kinda bad for the balance, as they're flat-out invincible compared to the others. I think they make things boring because there can be no counter force.