Game of Thrones season seven trailer.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Re: Game of Thrones season seven trailer.

Post by Knife »

FaxModem1 wrote: 2017-09-04 12:52am Speaking of Maesters, I wish that plot had gone somewhere. Samwell Tarly got some information about Dragonglass, Jon's true heritage, and how to cure Jorah's affliction, but essentially he became a college dropout after not being worshiped by the Maesters for knowing a few things. I was hoping to either see Sam became an intellectual badass, or at least get kicked out of the Maester order for trying to learn 'forbidden knowledge' too fast. Maybe we'll see more of them in season 8 with Qyburn or something. Seems a rather disappointing plot turn to me.
I took it as Sam figuring out that the Maesters were going to be of no help. An old and broken, stagnate organization. Their only real use is the huge library that Sam (thinks) he plundered the relative information from.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Re: Game of Thrones season seven trailer.

Post by Elfdart »

Maybe he's got one of the books with clues about how to beat the Deadites. Or he might just confirm what was already hinted at: Kill the White Walkers and the wights die too; kill Blue Darth Maul and kill the Walkers.