Mr. Majestic meets SG1

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

RedLocque
Redshirt

Mr. Majestic meets SG1

Post by RedLocque »

I am curious to know what kind of developments would follow from Wildstorm's Majestros of Khera walking into the SGC and meeting SG1 sometime during mid-season 1?
What do you think?
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Re: Mr. Majestic meets SG1

Post by Lord Revan »

who is Mr Majestic or Majestros of Khera? could you provide a brief overview to those of us who don't know them, preferbly with links to your sources if possible so that we know you're not talking out of your arse.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Lord Revan wrote:who is Mr Majestic or Majestros of Khera? could you provide a brief overview to those of us who don't know them, preferbly with links to your sources if possible so that we know you're not talking out of your arse.
He is from Wildstorm comics, and the Superman of that world (well, one of them). He has that power level, plentiful knowledge of alien tech since he *is* alien, and has a more aggressive, harder line stance than Superman but is on the side of angels in most circumstances. He is a warlord from the planet Khera,
so his primary objective is to deny Khera's enemies Earth as a base, but if society collapsed or human government joined with enemies, he would have no qualms about setting himself up as a ruler.

Also, while not for sharing Kheran tech willie nillie, he did share enough that his human companion set up shop selling advanced computer tech/smartphones and such. One of the other super teams with Kherans evolved into a battery company selling 'batteries' that could power a car for at least hundreds of miles (honestly more like small almost inexhaustible generators, really).
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Q99 wrote:
Lord Revan wrote:who is Mr Majestic or Majestros of Khera? could you provide a brief overview to those of us who don't know them, preferbly with links to your sources if possible so that we know you're not talking out of your arse.
He is from Wildstorm comics, and the Superman of that world (well, one of them). He has that power level, plentiful knowledge of alien tech since he *is* alien, and has a more aggressive, harder line stance than Superman but is on the side of angels in most circumstances. He is a warlord from the planet Khera,
so his primary objective is to deny Khera's enemies Earth as a base, but if society collapsed or human government joined with enemies, he would have no qualms about setting himself up as a ruler.

Also, while not for sharing Kheran tech willie nillie, he did share enough that his human companion set up shop selling advanced computer tech/smartphones and such. One of the other super teams with Kherans evolved into a battery company selling 'batteries' that could power a car for at least hundreds of miles (honestly more like small almost inexhaustible generators, really).
thanks for the info, honestly I'm wary of OP that mention only the name of a less well known character (I hadn't even heard of Mr Majestic until now), as it sounds a lot some trying to BS using a less well known franchise/character, thinking they can just make stuff up and have people accept it since it's not so well known. Now I'm not accusing the writer of the OP of this but rather giving advice on how he could format his OP that it would be more intresting to think about.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Wildstorm is *probably* the third biggest comic universe after the big two. It's where 'The Authority' came from, to name it's most popular/well-known title. Right now it's undergoing a reboot under the eye of Warren Ellis- which frankly looks awesome, so, yea.

To establish his power level, he's met Superman (DC bought Wildstorm at one point so the the two universes have multiple official crossovers) and they're obviously peers.

Biggest feat I can think of is re-arranging the solar system once to hide it from a cosmic probe (it recognized the solar system, solar system dies. If it sees something else, well, obviously in the wrong place), but it took decades to do, and involved him using some major technology (he spent a lot of effort making advanced tech gloves using a Kheran forge, the gloves allowing momentum to transfer to the whole of an object so he can push a planet rather than punching through a bit of dirt).

Finding himself in Earth of another dimension, he'd probably want to find if there's a local Khera, and if not, adopt Earth as his home since it's most familiar to him. The Goa'uld would... not do well against him, to say the least.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Yeah, SG1 probably would try to do the logical thing and make nice with him for a.) mutual defense benefits and b.) technology. I'm not sure why they would do anything else unless he makes himself a threat to them.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Elheru Aran wrote:Yeah, SG1 probably would try to do the logical thing and make nice with him for a.) mutual defense benefits and b.) technology. I'm not sure why they would do anything else unless he makes himself a threat to them.
A lot of the question is what *he* does, to be honest. He *will* make himself a public presence on Earth, requested or not. He'll try and be cordial about it and understands subtlety, but Majestros is likely to quite prefer having a public presence in some ID.

And frankly, SG-1 has almost squat they can do about him if they think he is a threat. Like... send him into that Black Hole gate address but frankly odds are high he will escape there because it's not the event horizon yet. Zats, staff weapons, or the Daedelus's full firepower aren't going to take him down.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Q99 wrote:
Elheru Aran wrote:Yeah, SG1 probably would try to do the logical thing and make nice with him for a.) mutual defense benefits and b.) technology. I'm not sure why they would do anything else unless he makes himself a threat to them.
A lot of the question is what *he* does, to be honest. He *will* make himself a public presence on Earth, requested or not. He'll try and be cordial about it and understands subtlety, but Majestros is likely to quite prefer having a public presence in some ID.

And frankly, SG-1 has almost squat they can do about him if they think he is a threat. Like... send him into that Black Hole gate address but frankly odds are high he will escape there because it's not the event horizon yet. Zats, staff weapons, or the Daedelus's full firepower aren't going to take him down.
Like I said. Make nice because there's not much else they can do apart from going nuclear. They do have naquadah bombs, which apparently have a pretty decent bang to them. But apart from that... yeah.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Even if you had a naquadah bomb, it'd be a task and a half to to get it near without him disabling it, and... I don't know if it'd work! Nukes are not known for killing Superman-class beings (or in Wildstorm Terminology, Majestros class)
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Q99 wrote:Wildstorm is *probably* the third biggest comic universe after the big two. It's where 'The Authority' came from, to name it's most popular/well-known title. Right now it's undergoing a reboot under the eye of Warren Ellis- which frankly looks awesome, so, yea.

To establish his power level, he's met Superman (DC bought Wildstorm at one point so the the two universes have multiple official crossovers) and they're obviously peers.

Biggest feat I can think of is re-arranging the solar system once to hide it from a cosmic probe (it recognized the solar system, solar system dies. If it sees something else, well, obviously in the wrong place), but it took decades to do, and involved him using some major technology (he spent a lot of effort making advanced tech gloves using a Kheran forge, the gloves allowing momentum to transfer to the whole of an object so he can push a planet rather than punching through a bit of dirt).

Finding himself in Earth of another dimension, he'd probably want to find if there's a local Khera, and if not, adopt Earth as his home since it's most familiar to him. The Goa'uld would... not do well against him, to say the least.
the thing is how many people who aren't comic book nerds are really aware that there even exist other universes besides the big 2 of Marvel and DC, like I said I hadn't even heard of Mr Majestic before this thread and I knew about the Authority even if I can't really name the members.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Well in any case, you had someone here who was big into Wildstorm for awhile so no real problem ^^
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Q99 wrote: He is from Wildstorm comics, and the Superman of that world (well, one of them).
Let's be fair, you could barely swing a cat in the Wildstorm universe without hitting a Superman analogue. There was Majestic, Apollo, and The High at the very least, and all sorts of things they fought against on relatively equal terms.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Vendetta wrote: Let's be fair, you could barely swing a cat in the Wildstorm universe without hitting a Superman analogue. There was Majestic, Apollo, and The High at the very least, and all sorts of things they fought against on relatively equal terms.
Those are the three that matter, and there's also one that emerged from the Snowflake in Planetary as part of a whole alt-JLA and was beaten by the Century Babies, and one in the G-7's team (though he seemed weaker, his purpose was still to be a replacement Apollo, so).
RedLocque
Redshirt

Post by RedLocque »

Lord Revan wrote:
Q99 wrote:

thanks for the info, honestly I'm wary of OP that mention only the name of a less well known character (I hadn't even heard of Mr Majestic until now), as it sounds a lot some trying to BS using a less well known franchise/character, thinking they can just make stuff up and have people accept it since it's not so well known. Now I'm not accusing the writer of the OP of this but rather giving advice on how he could format his OP that it would be more intresting to think about.
First of all, please accept my apologies, I didn't even think about the fact that some people might not know who Majestic was. Or that anyone who didn't know who he was would even be interested in my thread. My bad.
As for information on Mr. Majestic:
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Majestros_(Wildstorm_Universe)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Majestic
http://www.writeups.org/mister-majestic ... rm-comics/
http://www.classicmarvelforever.com/cms ... estic.html
There you go.

However, if in the future you should happen to find yourself equally orphan of information, might I suggest Google? It's this nifty search engine you may have heard of. it's been around for the past decade or so?
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I'm well aware of google, but it's not my job to look for that info, in fact it says so in the rules for obscure scifi/fantasy link, while I suspect this one was an honest mistake, there has been times in the past where people have tried to BS stuff about less known franchices so, there's rules in place that essentially say that "he who starts the thread posts the info it's not the job of others to provide the evidence for him".
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

One sign it was a good faith mistake is, well, there's no need to BS anything here.