Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2 *spoilers*

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2 *spoilers*

Postby K. A. Pital » 2017-05-10 05:08pm

Shroom Man 777 wrote:The humor was also cleverer than just Star Loyd's Space Seth Rogen impersonation (that got old fast) in the first one.

Yes, very much so.

Though I felt like huge swaths of the younger audience were left scratching their heads towards the end of the film.

Well, screw them! :D For not knowing about David Hasselhoff and dat car. [/ageist]
It is of paramount importance to achieve naval superiority... because humans are mostly made of water

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Postby Vendetta » 2017-05-10 06:05pm

Bonus in-joke: The car that Ego is driving in the opening is a Pontiac Firebird.

Which is what KITT is the 1982 model of.

EnterpriseSovereign
Jedi Council Member

Postby EnterpriseSovereign » 2017-05-10 08:15pm

Can someone with more in-depth knowledge of the source material explain who Stallone/Starhawk's Ravager teammates were that he re-united with at the end of the film? There's probably a greater meaning there that I'm just not seeing.
It's no use debating a moron; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Your claim of using a scientific equation is laughable when all you have done is butcher science to the point it makes 'The Core' look like a fucking documentary. Just because you have the attention span of a fruit fly doesn't mean the rest of us are so encumbered.

"As you know science is not fact"- HuskerJay
"The Delta Fyler [sic] isn't even a shuttle craft" -HuskerJay69
"The Dominion War wasn't really all that bad"- Admiral Mercury

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Postby Crazedwraith » 2017-05-11 04:43am

EnterpriseSovereign wrote:Can someone with more in-depth knowledge of the source material explain who Stallone/Starhawk's Ravager teammates were that he re-united with at the end of the film? There's probably a greater meaning there that I'm just not seeing.

Wikipedia or possible TV Tropes I forget where I read it has them down as the original Guardian of the Galaxy team from the comic books.
To the brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... sucks to be you - Peter David

Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Postby Civil War Man » 2017-05-11 08:39am

Crazedwraith wrote:
EnterpriseSovereign wrote:Can someone with more in-depth knowledge of the source material explain who Stallone/Starhawk's Ravager teammates were that he re-united with at the end of the film? There's probably a greater meaning there that I'm just not seeing.

Wikipedia or possible TV Tropes I forget where I read it has them down as the original Guardian of the Galaxy team from the comic books.

There is an interview with Feige and Gunn that confirms who they are (lots of spoilers, obviously)

Most are the original Guardians, though even the ones who aren't are associated with the Guardians in some way. Stallone is Starhawk, Michelle Yeoh is Aleta Ogord (the female Starhawk), Ving Rhames is Charlie-27, the crystal guy (played by Michael Rosenbaum) is Martinex, the red guy is Krugarr, and the robot is Mainframe (and voiced by Miley Cyrus).

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Postby Gandalf » 2017-05-11 10:27am

This was a middling film made of some fun components.

That said, I loved the eighties references, and having Stallone was just brilliant.
"How you wanna raise a flag with a rifle
To make us want to celebrate anything but survival?
Nah, you watching tele for The Bachelor
But wouldn’t read a book about a fuckload of massacres?"

- A.B. Original, January 26

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Postby Mr Bean » 2017-05-13 04:10pm

Just came back from seeing it an hour ago.
Fun, that's the movie in a single word. Every few minutes another fun thing happens, some the trailer gave away but seeing things I felt nothing but man this is a good old fun time.

Wish the end fight had shown more than one dose of creativity/joke at the end because otherwise aside from a certain someone's heel turn I enjoyed most parts of the movie a great deal.

And here's to you second in command guy, I'm glad your sticking around.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
I'll eat my boots if Clinton gets less than 48% of the vote in November.-maraxus2 August 4th 2016

Return to “Fantasy”