Carmen Sandiego is getting a Netflix series

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Carmen Sandiego is getting a Netflix series

Post by FaxModem1 »

Daily Dot
Netflix is bringing back ‘Carmen Sandiego,’ and it’s going to star Gina Rodriguez
Christine Friar— Apr 15 at 11:41AM | Last updated Apr 15 at 11:45AM
gina rodriguez golden globes
Screengrab via Golden Globes/YouTube
Good news, gumshoes.

Good news, gumshoes.

Jane the Virgin star Gina Rodriguez is reportedly signed on to voice iconic woman of mystery Carmen Sandiego in a reboot of the ’90s animated series for Netflix. The original show aired on Fox from 1994-1999, but the new season will live on the streaming service.

According to entertainment blog the Tracking Board, “Netflix has ordered 20 episodes of the series, which aims to be as educational as it is entertaining, given the title character’s globetrotting adventures.”

Netflix hasn’t officially confirmed the show, but Rodriguez sent out a tweet Friday evening that seems like a pretty solid “Yes”.

Follow
Gina Rodriguez ✔ @HereIsGina
I already have the fedora and coat. So it's definitely true. https://twitter.com/foxghostgoddess/sta ... 0148373504
8:09 PM - 14 Apr 2017
237 237 Retweets 1,539 1,539 likes
No premiere date has been announced yet, but we look forward to hearing who they’ll cast as The Chief.
Hmm, so this is going to be an animated series reboot, I wonder if we'll still have Zack and Ivy?

I always liked the Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego show. Carmen was a thief, but she never wanted harm to come to the detectives. If they were ever in physical danger, she would actually save them. Her entire motivation for all of her crimes was that she got bored solving crimes, and starting committing them to give herself a challenge by pitting herself against the ACME Detective Agency.

It's why they introduced the villain Lee Jordan, as they needed a villain who both ACME and Carmen could fight against, and was an actual villain.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Re: Carmen Sandiego is getting a Netflix series

Post by Q99 »

Woo! Awesome.

I assume new Detectives, because that's how things roll and, well, Zack and Ivy were pretty 90s.

And Carmen the character is awesome. The list of things she's stolen between all games and media is absurd ^^
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

The thirteenth century will never be safe again. :lol:
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Q99 wrote:I assume new Detectives, because that's how things roll and, well, Zack and Ivy were pretty 90s.
in what way? I think Ivy would translate pretty well, as tough adventurer who can fight is still current.

Zach as a technological geek and polyglot is even more current than it was in the 1990s. Though, Zach's Army jacket will probably have to be updated or changed in the same way that the Scooby gang's costumes are updated for reboots.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

FaxModem1 wrote: in what way? I think Ivy would translate pretty well, as tough adventurer who can fight is still current.

Zach as a technological geek and polyglot is even more current than it was in the 1990s. Though, Zach's Army jacket will probably have to be updated or changed in the same way that the Scooby gang's costumes are updated for reboots.
Hm, fair point, guess I was mainly thinking of their style. Though something about their interactions still strikes me as pretty 90s-tv-esque.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

If they bring back Ivy I wonder if they'll recast Jennifer Hale...
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Steve wrote:If they bring back Ivy I wonder if they'll recast Jennifer Hale...
As far as I know she's still doing voice acting that said Jennifer Hale could be too expensive these days, that said last Project I know she did VO signifigant work for is WOW:Legion but that's probably only the last one I know of.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Lord Revan wrote:
As far as I know she's still doing voice acting that said Jennifer Hale could be too expensive these days, that said last Project I know she did VO signifigant work for is WOW:Legion but that's probably only the last one I know of.
Er, Mass Effect? Bioshock Infinite? Dragon Age Inquisition? Diablo 3? She's pretty prolific.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

General Zod wrote:
Lord Revan wrote:
Er, Mass Effect? Bioshock Infinite? Dragon Age Inquisition? Diablo 3? She's pretty prolific.
I said last, not only aka that last signifigant work chronologically that I know of, but not even close to being the only recent work she's done. All 3 you mentioned pre-date Wow:Legion, I think she also might have cameo in Mass Effect: Andromeda. My point is that she has done signifigant voice over work recently so it might be possible for Netfix (or who ever is producing this) to hire her if they wanted (aka she's not retired from voice over work as far as I know).
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n