Batman Goes Metal In New Comic

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Batman Goes Metal In New Comic

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Per Comicvine:
In 2011, DC Comics relaunched its line of comics with the New 52. The creative team of Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo's run resulted in an acclaimed 50-issue series on Batman, which ended in April 2016. DC Comics announced Snyder and Capullo are reuniting with the rest of the creative team--Jonathan Glapion on inks and FCO Plascencia on colors--this summer with Dark Nights: Metal.

The specifics of the story are being kept vague. Writer Snyder dropped some hints about the upcoming series: "I've been planning Metal for as long as I've been writing Batman," says Snyder. "But this is bigger than Batman. Greg and I started dropping clues during Court of Owls, we continued through our Joker stories and we placed our biggest hints in the run that culminated with Batman #50. And now we're back to tell a story that breaks everything apart. This will be the definitive project of our careers. Metal takes us in an entirely new direction. Greg and I will dig beneath the surface of all the stories we've told to find a place of terror and twisted nightmares."

Snyder also stated the story won't be entirely grim despite the terror and nightmares rooted in it. "Dark Nights: Metal will be celebratory, huge and crazy. I've said it before: I am going for out-of-control dinosaurs and lasers."

The first issue of Dark Nights: Metal will be on sale August 2017.
Sounds like it'll be rather cheesy; but for those who like having less serious Batman now and then this sounds like it might be up your alley.

FWIW: I don't read graphic novels much (as in: "I've read maybe 5 or 6 big titles in my entire life" kind of not much), but I did enjoy the Batman: the Brave and the Bold animated series. :wink:
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.