Justice League trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

ANGELUS
Padawan Learner

Justice League trailer

Post by ANGELUS »

Odd that this hasn't been posted yet:

A few things I noticed:

- Parademons invading Themyscira and amazons fighting them back
- Mera controlling water around her
- Barry talking to his dad in jail
- Lois in the movie. Are we getting Superman back already? (We know he's gonna come back eventually, but already?)
~ Some men just want to watch the world burn ~
RogueIce
_______

Re: Justice League trailer

Post by RogueIce »

ANGELUS wrote:- Barry talking to his dad in jail
Is this a comics thing for him, or are they taking it from the show?

Also I have a feeling this will have a lot of the issues that Suicide Squad did: too many origin stories crammed in, because DC isn't doing the necessary legwork to set these characters up beforehand.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
ANGELUS
Padawan Learner

Post by ANGELUS »

RogueIce wrote:Is this a comics thing for him, or are they taking it from the show?
In the comics continuity Barry's father was placed under arrest after his mother was murdered.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

ANGELUS wrote:Odd that this hasn't been posted yet:

A few things I noticed:

- Parademons invading Themyscira and amazons fighting them back
- Mera controlling water around her
- Barry talking to his dad in jail
- Lois in the movie. Are we getting Superman back already? (We know he's gonna come back eventually, but already?)
Seems to me that it would make sense to save Superman's return for the very end of the film, as a cliff-hanger or stinger. Having things at their darkest point, and then Superman returns to turn the tide.

Lois, though, can be worked in regardless- either as a reporter or as someone who is implied to be on friendly terms with Batman and Wonder Woman as of the end of Batman v Superman.

Anyway, the DCCU has been extremely mixed so far, but Batman v Superman, to me, wasn't bad so much as poorly constructed- it feels, for the most part, like a bunch of good scenes from two or three different good films awkwardly stitched together. And if nothing else, I like WW and Affleck's Batman.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

The Romulan Republic wrote: Anyway, the DCCU has been extremely mixed so far, but Batman v Superman, to me, wasn't bad so much as poorly constructed- it feels, for the most part, like a bunch of good scenes from two or three different good films awkwardly stitched together. And if nothing else, I like WW and Affleck's Batman.

I like the Batfleck, and what little we've seen of Wonder Woman has been ok so far. Somebody on youtube said something along the lines of "Snyder loves the idea of beautiful moments so much he forgets to make the rest of the movie for them to work out sensibly". I think that's the problem with the DCCU up to this point. They need someone that knows how to make movies, not just scenes.
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
ANGELUS
Padawan Learner

Post by ANGELUS »

New trailer from ComicCon:

Davebd1985
Redshirt

Post by Davebd1985 »

I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not really excited about this film. Maybe my expectations will be surpassed, but that last one was so dull. However not gonna lie, cyborg does in fact look awesome.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

I like how Cyborg looks, I like Amazons, and it doesn't look bad to me, but, well, Thor: Ragnarok's trailer is way more hype ^^

Also, I have no idea why Wonder Woman let herself get hit in the head? Sure, she's super-tough but she doesn't tank things by preference, even minor things.
ANGELUS
Padawan Learner

Post by ANGELUS »

It does not look like this is going to end well for the Amazons...
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

ANGELUS wrote: 2017-07-26 02:48pm It does not look like this is going to end well for the Amazons...

I think it's a flashback, so I'm guessing it kinda does end well. Or ok at least.
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

I had wondered about the Amazons - it's not like Diana took a GPS reading with her when she left, so I imagine she spent a lot of time in a yacht hoping to stumble back onto Themyscera(sp) by accident between WW1 and BvS. :D

It'll be interesting to see how they got back in touch.
ANGELUS
Padawan Learner

Post by ANGELUS »

GuppyShark wrote: 2017-07-27 05:39am I had wondered about the Amazons - it's not like Diana took a GPS reading with her when she left, so I imagine she spent a lot of time in a yacht hoping to stumble back onto Themyscera(sp) by accident between WW1 and BvS. :D

It'll be interesting to see how they got back in touch.
Well, she's a godess after all... that's got to help.
ANGELUS
Padawan Learner

Post by ANGELUS »

New one is here:

Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

My big annoyances is how much they spend about Superman. *They did not build Superman up as a symbol of hope in this continuity*. He can get a public perception 180 thanks to killing DD and dying, but it is a 180.

But, flipside, the actual *Team* stuff, and 'There's a saying: A strong man stands alone-' 'No, that's the opposite of the saying.' *That* I liked! Cyborg and Aquaman killing parademons. Batman all chill because WW has his back.

It's kinda, 1/3rd rolling eyes about Superman, 2/3rd 'this actually looks pretty good.'