You are Angel (RAR).

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: You are Angel (RAR).

Post by The Romulan Republic »

By the way, does anyone else think that Lindsey is one of the most purely detestable characters (at least among the human villains) on either Buffy or Angel?

I never bought him as this sort of grey anti-villain they seemed to be trying to push him into being. He was a selfish, petty, vindictive asshole, who's whisperings of conscience were brief and largely ignored.

Edit: Its a bit of a tangent for this thread, but I think that's a difference between a lot of Buffy villains and a lot of Angel villains, actually: while the Buffy villains were largely either innately evil monsters, or corrupted/driven to madness (when their motivations were even explored in much depth), the major human villains on Angel tended to be people who, at some point, consciously chose to embrace evil.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Wolfram & Hart didn't have a priority on getting people with scruples.

On-topic:
I wonder how fast word would spread if I played the vampire in search of a nest, wait until daylight, then stake them all, rinse, repeat.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Depends on how many vampires recognize you as the legendary Angelus.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I'm going to have a problem with Holtz. I'm not sure if he'd buy that I'm a human soul who was forced into a vampire's body, or if he would even care.

Though again, I'm not sure if he would even be brought back, as my life as Angel would be severely different from Angel's.

I think my first step would be a stop at Lorie's bar. Seeing where I stand cosmically would change a lot of my plans.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

FaxModem1 wrote:I'm going to have a problem with Holtz. I'm not sure if he'd buy that I'm a human soul who was forced into a vampire's body, or if he would even care.
If you could convince him that you weren't Angel... maybe. I wouldn't count on it, though. What makes Holtz so terrifying, in my opinion, is that he knows full well that he's become an evil man, but he keeps going anyway because all he can't give up his vengeance. He'd probably settle for destroying Angle's body, and might even rationalize it as "freeing" your soul from vampirism or something.
Though again, I'm not sure if he would even be brought back, as my life as Angel would be severely different from Angel's.

I think my first step would be a stop at Lorie's bar. Seeing where I stand cosmically would change a lot of my plans.
Visiting Lorne is definitely a smart move.