Logan

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Lost Soal
Jedi Council Member

Logan

Postby Lost Soal » 2017-03-01 10:13am

I went to one of the preview screenings for Logan last night and was not at all disappointed. I'm confident in saying it was the best of the 3 Wolverine movies. It was brutal as hell, because he's a rage monster with fucking metal claws, its supposed to be. It adds just the right amount of humour to lighten the mood when needed without having huge tonal shifts.
Jackman owns the role, Stewart is fucking Patrick Stewart and Dafne Keen who plays Laura/X23 does a fine job.

The trailers did a good job of not showing everything and leaving some surprises for the film although probably everyone knows about one big plot point the trailers just couldn't help spoiling.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: Logan

Postby Crazedwraith » 2017-03-01 10:14am

+1 for not just using the trailer thread :D

Going to see it on Monday.
To the brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... sucks to be you - Peter David

Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Postby Dartzap » 2017-03-02 02:23pm

I got a free admission with a client this afternoon. Well worth the ticket price!

Uh, I mean it's a vicious, bloody Road trip flick that focuses alot on the fragility of being a centuries old manslaughter machine. No spandex to be seen, mercifully.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Postby Gandalf » 2017-03-02 08:03pm

Overall, I liked it. All of the acting and violence was fantastic. Though it seemed as though a lot of the action was shoehorned in to meet a quota.

Spoiler
The X-24 thing shit me and pulled me right out of the film. I liked the running theme of man trying to control nature, but X-24 just seemed to be shoehorned in weirdly. Wolverine is slowly deteriorating, so it's not like the PMC guys with guns aren't a threat to him and X-23.

What happens when X-23 grows up as her bones are encased in adamantium?
"How you wanna raise a flag with a rifle
To make us want to celebrate anything but survival?
Nah, you watching tele for The Bachelor
But wouldn’t read a book about a fuckload of massacres?"

- A.B. Original, January 26

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin