POWERLESS!

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

POWERLESS!

Post by LadyTevar »

Super battles leave a lot of damage behind. Meet the team trying to make it better. :mrgreen:

Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Re: POWERLESS!

Post by Tsyroc »

Well, that might explain why Marvel's Damage Control disappeared as a tv show idea.

Anyway, I'm about 50/50 on Powerless. Some of it looks really good. Some of it gets a little too stupid for a cheap laugh.

Bruce Wayne's cousin? :roll:

Not that he can't have a cousin but one would wonder why didn't get sent off to one of those cousins after his parents died.

I did like the brief bit with Starro in the background.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Not that he can't have a cousin but one would wonder why didn't get sent off to one of those cousins after his parents died.
The relationship between the brothers were terrible.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I'm also 50/50 on it, for roughly the reasons mentioned. I haven't liked a lot of modern comedy.

And the specter of Dwayne McDuffie's wonderful Damage Control just overshadows it.

It even works better. The whole "Make whacky inventions" thing doesn't ring as well as "Insurance Company/Cleanup Crew for super battles".

But I suppose the former is cheaper to film.

On the positive side, Alan Tudyk!
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Might be good but DC's shows have been pretty meh for me.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

Its been mixed for me. Arrow started out great but kinda got really meh and I've had no interest in seeing Gotham but Flash and Legends of Tomorrow have been excellent....mostly. Despite the sorry trailer making it seem like that Black Widow SNL sketch I've heard good things about Supergirl now even if I've not had the chance to see it yet.

Of course Marvel I think has been mixed too. Their main problems for me atleast is they tend to start out strong but lose cohesion. Agents of Shields started out watchable but in my opinion went downhill fast. All the Netflix shows pretty much did the same thing, started out really strong but kinda went downhill. Probably the strongest series has been Daredevil and even it went a bit bonkers in its second season with the hordes of super ninjas who were extreme threats individually but cannon fodder in mass.

However I've probably enjoyed Marvel more then DC. Even shows that I really lost interest in towards the end like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage I enjoyed a great deal while it was good. Of course this is all my opinion.

I'm excited for this because it looks like it might add a bit of humor that has been lacking from most of the comic books tv shows. Flash has some humor but most of the laughing is derived from just how terribly Barry keeps fucking up. Most of the other shows don't have much humor.
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

This is yet another one of those things that sounds like a great concept but should never be done as a series.

If the trailer is showing the kind of 'humour' this series is going for then it is going to get old and stupid really fast.
Do you really need to tie yourself to the DC Universe to tell drop a gag about walking through an invisible jet ?

At best, this trailer just seems to be name dropping things in a desperate attempt to appear relevant and more interesting than it actually will be. I will not be surprised if this gets cancelled faster than Firefly.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Could be a short mini-series
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

I saw the first episode and it was entertaining enough. The lead actress is pretty fun as someone who is extremely optimistic. I liked how pumped she was to be in a city with superheroes, while the regular citizens were pretty much over it being interesting.

A lot of the rest of the feel reminded me of the Disney movie Sky High, except that this show is set in a version of the DC Universe.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.