Was Dumbledore utterly incompetent?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Re: Was Dumbledore utterly incompetent?

Post by Zixinus »

It would also be good if they could be disabled. Their ability to suck out souls taken away, their suckers plugged or just severely limit their mobility. Maybe not made harmless, but severely impair their ability to hurt random muggles or unprepared wizards.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Zixinus wrote:It would also be good if they could be disabled. Their ability to suck out souls taken away, their suckers plugged or just severely limit their mobility. Maybe not made harmless, but severely impair their ability to hurt random muggles or unprepared wizards.
Has anyone ever tried gluing their mouths shut?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Tribble wrote:
Zixinus wrote:It would also be good if they could be disabled. Their ability to suck out souls taken away, their suckers plugged or just severely limit their mobility. Maybe not made harmless, but severely impair their ability to hurt random muggles or unprepared wizards.
Hell, their are spells that'll do that.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
hunter5
Padawan Learner

Post by hunter5 »

Tribble wrote:
I would imagine someone has tried but just being in the presence of a dementor frail s your will to do things and makes it harder for a wizard to cast spells.
Captain Seafort
Jedi Council Member

Post by Captain Seafort »

hunter5 wrote:I would imagine someone has tried but just being in the presence of a dementor frail s your will to do things and makes it harder for a wizard to cast spells.
The fairly obvious solution is for one to cast a patronus while the other applies the mouth-sealing charm (or superglue, if necessary, although I imagine getting that close to an unhooded Dementor would be somewhat fraught, patronus or no patronus).