Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

applejack
Padawan Learner

Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailer

Postby applejack » 2016-12-10 08:23am

The domestic trailer:

And the international trailer:

So, Michael Keaton as Vulture. Plus, IMBD also lists Shocker and Tinkerer.
Dear Lord, the gods have been good to me. As an offering, I present these milk and cookies. If you wish me to eat them instead, please give me no sign whatsoever *pauses* Thy will be done *munch munch munch*. - Homer Simpson

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailer

Postby Crazedwraith » 2016-12-10 03:16pm

That first scene looks especially good. Less sold on the rest of it. Tony Stark as mentor has some potential. But I hope they're not going to play it too much for laughs/let RDJ steal the whole thing. The shot of him suited up as well concerns me.
To the brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... sucks to be you - Peter David

Tribble
Jedi Council Member

Postby Tribble » 2016-12-10 06:55pm

Well, I was not expecting the Vulture of all people to become a total badass. Michael Keaton seems like a good pic, especially as this wouldn't be his first time dressing up as a winged animal :P
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - the official Troll motto as stated by Adam Savage

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Postby Batman » 2016-12-10 07:28pm

I heard that.
And I admit I didn't see Vulture as the main bad guy coming. The iconic Spidey villains are the ones we've already seen-Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kids with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'

Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Postby Soontir C'boath » 2016-12-10 07:33pm

I like the trailer. It helps that I know the neighborhood they filmed in. Overall, I actually came away feeling hyped about this.

If I was to worship God, it would be my lord, Baal.
P-38 Fanboy

FaxModem1
Sith Acolyte

Postby FaxModem1 » 2016-12-10 08:00pm

Looks like they added the old web version of the flying squirrel part of Spider-man's costume:

Honestly, I don't think it's big enough for Spider-man to really glide, but I do like it.

SpottedKitty
Jedi Knight

Postby SpottedKitty » 2016-12-10 09:14pm

FaxModem1 wrote:Honestly, I don't think it's big enough for Spider-man to really glide, but I do like it.

Maybe not actual gliding, but I could see a sort of semi-directed "falling with style". IIRC don't RL wing-suits have not much more lifting surface?
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Return to “Fantasy”