You have a Death Note (RAR)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Tribble
Sith Devotee

Re: You have a Death Note (RAR)

Post by Tribble »

Even if we knew about the weakness, Shinigamis know the name and lifespan of people just by looking at them. While Ryuk is not the cleverest Shinigami around, he'd still check our your story before arbitrary writing a name down in his book. Or he simply wouldn't care about what you think since as far as he is concerned he poves the Death Note's real just by showing up, and if you choose not to use it he'll just kill you and move on.

Besides, this scenario has you posses no knowledge of the Death Note series. That means the only way to find out the way to kill a Shinigami in this RAR is if someone who knows the weakness tells you.
Would someone like Misa with a 2nd Death Note and Rem appear at some point in this scenario?

And how about people like L, Near and Mello?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Bernkastel
Padawan Learner

Post by Bernkastel »

I'm not sure about the first of your questions at the moment. I'm considering the possibility. As for the second, the answer is currently no.
My Fanfics - I write gay fanfics. Reviews/Feedback will always be greatly appreciated.
My Ko-Fi Page - Currently Seeking Aid with moving home
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Since the entire 'Not getting into heaven and hell' was omitted from this scenario's OP, I'm assuming it's not an issue.

First, I probably wouldn't use it at first.
Once Rhuk showed up, I'd want to do an experiment.
If I make a list, complete with pictures, and send that to a piece of the Death Note loaded into my printer, does it work?
This is more of a 'just in case I need it'. Also, if it's all printed, my hand-writing can't be traced.

As it stands....
Now, would I reaper a bloody reign of terror on criminals, terrorists, religions hate, and political leaders and the like? Damn right I would.
I'd be approaching the POTUS with an offer for a nice, well paid, impossible to trace assassin.

I'd also have questions for Rhuk
First, if the 'Not getting into Heaven and Hell' thing IS an issue, I'll ask Rhuk if I choose the targets, and he writes them, does that still count?

Since Rhuk, if he writes in the book, gets their remaining lifespan added to his, can he share that with me? With someone else of my choosing?
If I can get the years, then definitely doing the Shinigami eyes.

Since Rhuk knows how long I have to live, can he write a date/time/cause of Death after that, and extend my life to that point? Say by, 200 years? Can he do that with anyone?

Are there other sources of Supernatural power out there? Like ones I could purchase stuff from in exchange for years/targets eliminated?

Supernatural power, so many possibilities.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

A book lying on the ground. While I won't be believing anything written in it, I will pick it up and attempt to look for the owner. My thoughts there is that the owner would likely prefer the book to not be damaged by the elements. I'll probably hand it in to a nearby lost and found before Ryuk shows up.

Lets assume I somehow get the book back or don't get round to handing it in. I'm not handing it over to anyone else. I doubt I'll be able to resist testing it after Ryuk shows up. The test target will be someone I despise during a public appearance. Probably someone with a low chance of a heart attack.

Once that works, I'm not going to be able to resist the temptation of using it.

Are groups where people bet on the time of death of famous people a thing that really exists ?
If so, I might make some money from them. After first making someone else have a lucky streak (of people I hate) to see how the group reacts.

Now comes the attempts to change the world:
- Knocking off political leaders, especially in dictatorships, is unlikely to go well. The likely best case is someone equally bad replacing him. Unless someone else is pushing for something better, then killing off their opposition might work.
- Picking a corporation that I hate and keep killing off the board of directors until they stop being replaced should destroy the corporation. Question is, what happens next ?
- Having a lot of people who preach that god hates x die shortly after to lightening strikes in front of witnesses is bound to provoke some amusing reactions.
- If I learn that anyone is coming after me, I leave them alone. Fighting them only risks them learning something that helps them.
Solauren wrote:Since the entire 'Not getting into heaven and hell' was omitted from this scenario's OP, I'm assuming it's not an issue.
I can't see a Death Note user being good enough to get into heaven. Oblivion is going to be better than hell.
First, I probably wouldn't use it at first.
Once Rhuk showed up, I'd want to do an experiment.
If I make a list, complete with pictures, and send that to a piece of the Death Note loaded into my printer, does it work?
This is more of a 'just in case I need it'. Also, if it's all printed, my hand-writing can't be traced.
I'd say that anything done via your computer, especially if it involves messages sent over the internet, is going to be a lot more traceable than you just writing in a book. Especially when the printer is one that you own. NSA spying and all that.

Still, that is an interesting question. One you don't want to test with a shared printer in case someone else prints something with someone else's name and photo.
I'd also have questions for Rhuk
Why do the answers matter when you haven't given any reason for Ryuk to help you with those things ?
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

If Rhuk wants to know why

"Hey, if I can off people and benefit for it, you're going to see one hell of a blood bath happen. Isn't that what you want?"
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.