Become your character [RAR]

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: Become your character [RAR]

Post by Solauren »

Nearly all my D&D Characters are not applicable then. There goes world domination via magic....

Super-Scifi killing machine, here I come!
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Zwinmar wrote:To the question of rotating DM's; if you ever NPC'ed the character while you were the DM then they do not qualify, if you DM'ed for the party but didn't play the character while doing so, then they would qualify.

If it was your characters gear you would get access to it. For a pnp game like Stargate it would be your gear requisitions.
As for your Mech, I don't see why you wouldn't have access.

You could see this as going two ways:
The first is as stated where you get the characters gear, memories, et. al. Or, at your discretion you would also get their body, though there is some overlap, i.e. you got their abilities so if they saw in the dark so would you. Though I would think there is far more danger of your psyche being absorbed by theirs if you had their body.

My longest running character is easily my Jedi Master, having played him since '98, he is a grandmaster healer, artificer amongst other lesser skills. His ship is a deep space exploration ship with a fully cognizant AI, practically her own entity more in line with Andromeda Ascendant than anything else.
A quick question about the abilities as my longest played characters are a (female) blood elf mage and a (female) human death knight (both from WoW) would I have to deal with cons of their abilties, blood elves get a increased magical ability but as con get a nearly crippling addiction to magic, while death knights get access to powerful magical abilities but as con have to constantly be "feeding" their rune weapons or suffer incredible pain so would I have to deal with these (not present in gameplay only lore) drawbacks or would I have access to full range of their abilities without the related drawbacks?
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

^ See, this is why I rolled a Tauren shaman.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

(insert evil laugh)
My my... what fun this would be.
First, I'd have to decide on a character.

Would it be Teamhairn Nic Iomhair Tahalshia -- Irish musician and Lamia (mage) from a long-lived AOL game called Black Bayou?
Hmm... prolly not, she was most fun with Nitram around playing her husband Blackthorne Tahalshia.

Would it be Argent (Lei Weng), metahuman hero with empathy and shadow powers?
maybe... but she was in lust with this hero called Blackheart (Imperial Feline)

Ah... Jernie. Jernalathiel, the young adult bronze dragon from Forgotten Realms. Among the joys of being a Dragon, a horde kept in a extra-dimensional pocket complete with a worshipful clan of kobold servants (able to be accessed at any time by a magical key).
Yes, when in doubt, always be the Dragon.

Although Torma (Tormaneleth) the Copper was another wonderful character. She was adolescent; out-going, playful, childish, and the absolute terror of the paladin Gareth (FrigidMagi), the magi Assintus (Alyrium), and anyone who stood around long enough for her to start talking to.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

You know...
I have to wonder if this is a"localized" RAR or a "Planetary" RAR, as in... Are each of us separate in our own Powers? Or do All (participating in the thread) members get powers together in 'our' World? Cause... If so, we should start having one of those "member councils" we usually have to ensure certain individuals dont go wacky... Though everyone posting so far seems reasonably responsible.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

Why not explore both options?

Mutually exclusive of course:
Option A: All are on Earth as of today's date with said powers.

Option B: All are split into their own separate earth realm of the multiverse with no knowledge or indication of the others.