Rar: 4 horsemen vs 6 bikers vs 8 knights

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: Rar: 4 horsemen vs 6 bikers vs 8 knights

Post by Simon_Jester »

So, who got on the phone with the colonel- was that my little brainchild Verity* in action? Because that sounds like her.

Also, I'll second TRR's Knight of Valor- there, we've scratched each other's backs. We may need a fighting hero.

Meanwhile, TRR, the Knight of Compassion is made partially redundant by the Knights of Truth and Valor, but only partially. So I will not be the one to second him, but that doesn't mean I don't think someone else shouldn't. Some degree of power redundancy is a good thing, because as noted, we want no single points of failure. Also, the Knight of Compassion's healing powers are useful for certain purposes.

Does anyone else want to nominate one or shall I try generating another?

*Why yes, the Knight of Truth has an oddly meaningful name. :D
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

That was indeed Verity on the phone, as the only seconded knight at the time.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Well, it's certainly an excellent use of her power to close in for the easy kill. Verity's ability to convince you she's telling the truth is one of the most low-key supernatural powers I can think of, especially given its significant* limitations**, but it does have its moments, like being able to pick up the phone and magically convince the neutral guys that the bad guys are the bad guys.

*I just want to emphasize, she literally cannot use this ability to mislead anyone ever. Not only is she unable to selectively manipulate people with partial truths, she compulsively tells people when she's not sure about things, For that matter, she can't even create a situation where you misunderstand her words. Either you get what she's trying to say, or you have literally no concept of what she just said, such as if she is speaking a language you don't understand.***
**Remember that anyone listening to her knows exactly who and where she is and what she is doing. This makes using her as a P.A. system risky because she can be immediately localized. Better have some good guards on her location...
***And, come to think of it, the language is ALSO a limitation on her power. She's not omnilingual. And if she's speaking Swahili and you only speak Mandarin, well, you still get a supernatural certainty that she's telling the truth, a compulsion to hear her out, and absolute clarity about who she is and what she's doing and where she's doing it... but you have literally no idea what the hell she just said. :D
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

Simon_Jester wrote:Well, it's certainly an excellent use of her power to close in for the easy kill. Verity's ability to convince you she's telling the truth is one of the most low-key supernatural powers I can think of, especially given its significant* limitations**, but it does have its moments, like being able to pick up the phone and magically convince the neutral guys that the bad guys are the bad guys.
So. To recap. The knight of truth and the knight of valour are both locked in. 6 slots remain. One biker is dead. the us military is watching the skies for speeders. The players may decide if wreckage of the bike survived. The horsemen still are unopposed in asia. The knights are still africa. (Abuja, Nigeria).

Pestilence is wandering the streets of New Dehli, contagious with bird flu.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee