Agent Carter cancelled.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Agent Carter cancelled.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/88941/ ... -to-series
Hayley Atwell (Marvel's Agent Carter) is finding another home on ABC.

The network has officially ordered Atwell's new drama Conviction for the 2016-17 season. Atwell plays Hayes Morrison, a lawyer and former First Daughter who takes a job offered by her nemesis NY District Attorney Wayne Wallis (Eddie Cahill) to avoid going to jail for cocaine possession. Hayes uses her new position at the Conviction Integrity Unit to fight wrongful conviction cases and advance her high-powered political family.

Conviction also stars Shawn Ashmore as Sam Sullivan, Merrin Dungey as Maxine, Emily Kinney as Tess Thompson, Manny Montana as Franklin "Frankie" Rios and Daniel DiTomasso as Jackson Morrison.

Produced by The Mark Gordon Company and ABC Studios, Conviction is co-created by writer Liz Friedman and director Liz Friedlander and executive produced by Friedman, Friedlander, Mark Gordon and Nick Pepper.

With Conviction's series order, ABC has officially pulled the plug on Atwell's previous series, Marvel's Agent Carter, after two seasons.
'

Aww nuts.

At least Atwell's getting a new series.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Re: Agent Carter cancelled.

Post by Tsyroc »

Can't say that I have any interest in her new show but good for her.

In a year or two maybe they can bring her back, with a bit of a time jump, to do a show with the early or maybe even heyday of SHIELD.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

I suspect a major reason for the change is budget. A legal thriller set in New York is extremely cheap to make relative to Agent Carter, which requires both an action heavy premise and the appearance of period locations.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

I forgot that this show even existed.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

It's been awhile since I watched, but didn't they (apparently) kill the NYC boss dude? I wonder if her storyline will ever be resolved. A one-shot? Netflix it?
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight