My opinion of the new Jungle Book movie.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

JamesStaley
Youngling

My opinion of the new Jungle Book movie.

Post by JamesStaley »

My sister and I went to see The Jungle Book movie today, and here's what I thought of it"

"WOW" :!:

I have to say, I liked it more than I thought I would.If you haven't seen it yet, then I recommend going to see it soon. But be warned: this is actually NOT a film for 3-5 year olds: parts of it are VERY INTENSE,
VIOLENT and even SCARY!

Watching this movie is like watching "Wild Kingdom", "Animal Planet" and "When Animals Attack" all at the same time. The fights with Baloo, Bagira, Shere Khan and King Louie are very realistic in their portrails of animals fighting each other, and it could be a little scary for young children.

And be sure to stay for ALL of the closing credits!
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: My opinion of the new Jungle Book movie.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Hmm. Not a huge Jungle Book fan, but this glowing review, plus the fine cast, makes me want to give it a try.
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

So it's actually more like a modern socially accepted form of the book as opposed to the old Disney movie then?
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

No, It's still based on the cartoon... otherwise you'd not have Louie.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

As I understand it, its supposed to be sort of a hybrid of the two.
JamesStaley
Youngling

Post by JamesStaley »

Does anyone know if a modern printing of the book is available, or someplace I might be able to read it on-line?
As far as the SONGS go,, they HAD to use an updated version of "Bare Necessities" for Baloo and "I Want To Be Like You" for Louie, and some of the songs from the animated classic made it into the closing credits. But it is not your standard Disney musical (Thank God!).
I went into this thing probably thinking/expecting the same thing a lot of other peope were: a live-action version of the animated feature, with some aditional story features to fill out time and make it more believable, and this movie is NOT THAT!
In this age of Political Correctness, when everything has be be sugar-coated and dumbed down, watching the brutal fight(s) between the main animal characters was actually REFRESHING,
Anyway, just go see it.
DaZergRock54444
Padawan Learner

Post by DaZergRock54444 »

When I first heard Bare Necessities I wasn't happy, because all I heard was the banjo and thought that they had turned it into a country(ish) song. Which is very far removed from the swing tune Phill Harris did in 67.

Having finally seen the movie and gotten the whole audio mix (working in the theater can have downsides, like only being able to hear a couple of the audio channels), I'm pleased with the Dixieland arrangement that it actually was.

Very enjoyable, especially the feeling that the scene with Louie came from a mobster movie of a long gone era.
Instead of foodservice equipment, let's play with large format projectors.