MCU Avengers vs DCU Justice League

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Re: MCU Avengers vs DCU Justice League

Post by Enigma »

Batman wrote:Hypertime is only for the main DC multiverse. 'Elseworlds' stories are explicitly 'What if'' stories that happen outside of that.
Except KC eventually crosses from Elseworlds into Hypertime. The events of Hypertime came into effect some time after KC.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Elseworlds stories may end up being folded into hypertime. Until and unless they are, however, they're seperate from the mainline continuity.Thanks for the reminder about the K immunity, it's been a while since I read KC.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Batman wrote:Elseworlds stories may end up being folded into hypertime. Until and unless they are, however, they're seperate from the mainline continuity.Thanks for the reminder about the K immunity, it's been a while since I read KC.
But KC did fold into hypertime. KC Clark, Diana their child and Bruce were in Hypertime. Hell, the events leading to hypertime happened about a year after KC. Clark's kid was the one that brought it about.

EDIT: The introduction of hypertime came about in "The Kingdom". Both "Kingdom Come" and "The Kingdom" are linked. The events of KC exists in the DC multiverse even if it may or may not take place in the main universe.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Maybe I didn't express myself clearly. Yes, once they are folded into hypertime, Elseworlds events become part of it. But until that happens they're not part of the canon.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

KC is linked to TK so to me it is canon. Hypertime makes it and others canon by being in multiple universes. Don't know if it matters now post-IC.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

My point isn't that they aren't. Of course they're canon-once they get folded into the main hypertimeline. UNTIL that happens, however, the Elseworlds stories aren't.