Jekyll and Hyde (no spoilers on first page)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Jekyll and Hyde (no spoilers on first page)

Post by madd0ct0r »

Anyone else watching this?
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Re: Jekyll and Hyde (no spoilers on first page)

Post by Iroscato »

Nein. Any good?
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

Ja. The story starts out with jekyll's grandson coming of age in 1920s India. Its silly but highly enjoyable with no grimdark and highly origional enemies. It follows a monster of the week format so far, with a brace of overaching plot lines and character development spanning the series. Main characters so far is tom Bateman as both Hyde and jekyll. No monstrous muscle growth of the league of extraordinary gentlemen or van helsinh here, hyde is tall,strong, attractive and knows it. Jekyll is tall, strong, attractive and unsure of himself.
Other characters are a steady lawyer, his tomboy assistantr (whos reaction to a crab demon is to load chekovs shotgun) two love interests with their own hidden sides and a cantankerous lab assistant of his grandfather's. There a lot of other steady characters too but by episode five they are still in semi-separate plot lines. Best summation of the series is the exchange between the head of mi0 and the home secretary.
"Lord trash was one of the old gods"
"Monsters. We call them monsters now."
"He was a very important monster"
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
biostem
Jedi Master

Post by biostem »

Wait, so are they going the route that Jekyll and Hyde are just 2 different personalities, or are there other physical differences?
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

biostem wrote:Wait, so are they going the route that Jekyll and Hyde are just 2 different personalities, or are there other physical differences?
The former would be the oldskool interpretation. Utterson, the point of view character in the original novella, describes Hyde as indistinguishable from Jekyll in appearance, but different in a way he can't put his finger on somehow, like the only physical changes are facial expression and body language.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

biostem wrote:Wait, so are they going the route that Jekyll and Hyde are just 2 different personalities, or are there other physical differences?
Hyde has blue eyes, veins around his face, the strength of ten men and a healing factor. The rest is purely done by body language, and works well.