Warcraft Trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Warcraft Trailer

Post by Zor »

Linkage

Looks cool.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
biostem
Jedi Master

Re: Warcraft Trailer

Post by biostem »

So are the green orcs the "Blood Orcs"? My experience with Warcraft only extends up to Warcraft 3...
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

biostem wrote:So are the green orcs the "Blood Orcs"? My experience with Warcraft only extends up to Warcraft 3...
history of Orcs in Warcraft is rather complex but to summerize it, orcs were orginally various shades of brown in skin color, when orcs for exposed to fel energies in large scales after the orginal horde of WC1 was formed their skin color turned to green (during this same time orcs drank demon blood), this change stuck even children of green skinned orcs were green skinned.

so those orcs that drank the demonblood and were part of the first horde are green skinned, though not every greenskinned orcs drank demon blood (none of the Frostwolves drank and neither did Ogrim Doomhammer but they're green skinned due to fel energy exposure)
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
libertyjim
Youngling

Post by libertyjim »

Well it looks like it will be relatively faithful to the original story (haven't actually played the first Warcraft game but I have read a lot of the lore). It also looks visually appealing at least to my eyes so I have a little bit of hope for this now. Do you all think it's fair to say that this film will be successful and by extension will this become a film franchise? I think it will on both accounts and I have little doubt about that but I'd like to hear what other people think.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Well we've only seen trailer and a few stills at this whether is becomes a franchice or not depends on the final product and we won't be seeing that until June.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Some changes to the original Lore - Frostwolves look to be still Brown Skinned Orcs instead of Fel Green - also I don't recall the Frost Wolves aligning with the Humans against the Fel Horde.

Could have sworn Durotan and Drahka were killed by Gul'dan's assassins in WC2, and Thrall was left to die as a welp, before being found by the human asshole who raised him up as a Gladiator.

Overall....looks interesting. Apparently Gul'dan is Warlock chief instead of Ner'zhul in the film too - another WC2 thing brought into the movie.

Maybe it's on a Alt-Azeroth/Draenor that things play out differently than it did in the games. Should be interesting at least.
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

DarkSilver wrote:Some changes to the original Lore - Frostwolves look to be still Brown Skinned Orcs instead of Fel Green - also I don't recall the Frost Wolves aligning with the Humans against the Fel Horde.

Could have sworn Durotan and Drahka were killed by Gul'dan's assassins in WC2, and Thrall was left to die as a welp, before being found by the human asshole who raised him up as a Gladiator.

Overall....looks interesting. Apparently Gul'dan is Warlock chief instead of Ner'zhul in the film too - another WC2 thing brought into the movie.

Maybe it's on a Alt-Azeroth/Draenor that things play out differently than it did in the games. Should be interesting at least.
Well the frostwolves (well at least most of them) never drank the demon blood so them being brown isn't that odd, as for siding with Stormwind in the orginal role Frostwolves just didn't fight.

And I'm pretty sure Gul'dan had replaced Ner'zhul as the voice of the legion before the events of WC1 (before the Fall of Shattrath IIRC) and he was the chielftain of the Stormreavers in the pre-WoD lore (in that alt-Draenor the Stormreavers weren't formed).

As for Thrall being left to die it's clear that Draka is being chased by someone with green skin (we see a glimpse of the orc chasing her and she doesn't look happy to see him), so it's likely that Durotan and Draka still get killed off and Thrall is found by humans.

and this is supposed to be its own thing not slavishly bound to the gamelore, the Blizzard executives compared it to ultimates brand that Marvel has.