Supergirl and Buffy the Vampire Slayer crossover.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Supergirl and Buffy the Vampire Slayer crossover.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Inspired by the new Supergirl show. Thought I'd do another crossover.

Anyway, the premier's main bad guy strikes me as a rather Buffyish villain, in that he was a super-powered sexist with a penchant for melee weaponry.

So what happens if, instead of facing Supergirl during their first fight, he finds himself face to face with an angry vampire slayer?

Because the bad guy has a special melee weapon, Buffy gets one too, so I'll give her the Slayer Scythe from season seven.

Can Buffy win where Supergirl lost (keeping in mind that Kryptonians are not too over the top in this series).

Edit: For the record, I'd say Supergirl is tougher than Buffy even in this series (Buffy can't take gunfire with impunity). So it'd play out a lot like fighting Caleb did at times- Buffy has to avoid getting hit until she can land a solid blow with the Scythe. The bad guy doesn't seem that fast/agile from what I recall, so it might be winnable for Buffy, depending on weather the Scythe can hurt her opponent enough.
Kojiro
Jedi Master

Re: Supergirl and Buffy the Vampire Slayer crossover.

Post by Kojiro »

This guy took an absolute pounding from Super girl. Twice she flies into him and smashes him through concrete or bitumen. Two other times he displays the strength to literally catch her mid flight and stop her dead. Now look at the amount of force she can exert with flight when saving that airliner. He can counteract that force- not just stop it but overpower it. He is strong, far stronger than the Slayer. And he can take significantly more punishment too.

Slayer needs a quick, solid hit. A protracted fight heavily favours him.
Dragon Clan Veritech
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Agreed.

The plane thing is the most notable, I think, as it shows remarkable, obvious strength on Supergirl's part compared to the feats she otherwise exhibits. Though to be fair, I'm not certain she was entirely controlling the plane's movement as opposed to simply guiding/steering it, and she still scored a glancing hit on a bridge. Still, fucking impressive. I wonder if anyone has calculated the strength it would take to pull that off.

The only Buffy villain I can think of who might well have been in that league physically is Glory (who by Buffyverse standards is a god). And excepting the final time (which involved basically throwing everything they had at her), Buffy could never stand up to Glory for long in a fight, even when Glory was sometimes toying with her.

So yeah, quick win or nothing. In that case, it comes down to who is faster and who has more skill with melee weapons.

Edit: And even Glory didn't show that much strength from what I recall (probably her top feat was tearing down the wall of a dorm). Though she definitely could survive being punched through concrete.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

To be fair, I actually doubt weather Buffy can win this myself- even for season five Buffy or later, this would be a serious, high-end opponent. Like main villain for the season level, or at least top Lt. of the main villain.
Kojiro
Jedi Master

Post by Kojiro »

It's more that he's going so destroy Buffy if he lands even a punch. Supergirl can walk face first into a speeding semi trailer without flinching, but this guy punches her and she's momentarily dazed. That's got to be some serious force.

EDIT: Actually Buffy will win, because this guy is just a mook of the week and she's a main character :P
Dragon Clan Veritech
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Kojiro wrote:It's more that he's going so destroy Buffy if he lands even a punch. Supergirl can walk face first into a speeding semi trailer without flinching, but this guy punches her and she's momentarily dazed. That's got to be some serious force.

EDIT: Actually Buffy will win, because this guy is just a mook of the week and she's a main character :P
Sadly, he didn't have enough depth and personality to be a main villain (though maybe that's due to only being in one episode). Certainly he didn't have enough style to be a Buffy Big Bad.

Also a lackey, not a leader, I believe.

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but, he seemed to me to basically be dumb muscle, for the most part.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

He had a weapon capable of CUTTING A POWERED KRYPTONIAN

That's DOOMSDAY level shit.

Buffy just cut in half from one swing.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Well, I think we all agree he can kill Buffy. The only questions were weather she could dodge long enough to hit him, and weather her weapon would be able to hurt him.

Of course, if she went into the fight underestimating the threat, he could simply kill her at the start. I have this thought of her trying to block a swing rather than dodge and him cutting right through her weapon to kill her.

Though I would point out that Kryptonian durability in this series, while obviously very good, isn't necessarily quite at comic book levels. I mean... what do we know from the show? She can take bullets, being hit by a truck, and falling from a considerable height. Anything else?