Captain America vs Fox and friends

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Captain America vs Fox and friends

Post by mr friendly guy »

Satire is dead

Just in case people who don't get it

The Villains Captain America is facing are Sons of the Serpent
The Sons of the Serpent were a racist group created by General Chen in an attempt to divide America, performing hate-crimes against foreigners around the country. After his followers attacked Bill Foster, the Avengers publicly opposed them. The Serpents retaliated by kidnapping Captain America and threatening to kill him unless the Avengers would publicly take the Serpent's side. The Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. freed Captain America and unmasked General Chen as their leader.[1]

Sons of the serpent
Many costume changes
The Sons of the Serpent were reformed by two talk show hosts, Dan Dunn and Montague Hale, trying to stir up racial distrust and hate. They were defeated and exposed by the Black Panther and the Avengers[2].

The Sons of The Serpent were reformed yet again, being financed by J.C. Pennysworth of Richmond Enterprises, who was an African-American posing as a white racist in pursuit of power. The Sons of the Serpent were destroying tenement buildings in Harlem, attempting to drive African-Americans, Puerto Ricans and other minority groups out of their city. They were foiled in this attempt by the Defenders.[3]

The fourth Sons of the Serpent were led by the demonic being Russell Diabola. This incarnation of the group was involved more in mysticism, including references to Set, the Egyptian God of Evil.

A fifth iteration of the team has been discovered. They are a hate group who control the New York justice system for profit and for their own ends. They are opposed by Daredevil.[4]
Sounds like a bunch of racist pricks, or as Fox news would describe it in this very video, "conservatives." Did it get too close to home?

And the lack of self awarenss of the hosts saying back in the old days Captain America would punch Hitler in the face while another one would say comics should be apolitical without a shred of irony just amuses me.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Re: Captain America vs Fox and friends

Post by madd0ct0r »

this is real?
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Re: Captain America vs Fox and friends

Post by mr friendly guy »

Captain America fighting the sons of serpents? Well its fictional, but its a real plotline.

Is it really Fox news, well I found a video of the Fox segment, rather than a video of someone showing selected clips from Fox news.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.