Arrow season 4/Flash season 2 thread

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Arrow season 4/Flash season 2 thread

Post by FaxModem1 »

So, both shows have started up again.

With Arrow, we have the arc of Damien Drakh, Oliver now calling himself the Green Arrow, in a live speech on television and everything. Starling city is now Star City, fixing that issue the show has had since season 1.

And, as revealed in episode 2:
Spoiler
Oliver Queen will be running for mayor, and Anarky going to be a returning threat.
And with Flash, we have introduced the multiverse, Jay Garriack and our season long villain, Zoom.

In addition, we also have the appearance of:
Spoiler
Harrison Wells, alive and well, in what might be the future/alternate universe.
Discuss
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Re: Arrow season 4/Flash season 2 thread

Post by Iroscato »

I honestly could not make it through episode 1 of Arrow. It felt like a parody of itself, Star City is still up shitcreek, and I'm beginning to find the grimdark mood rather artificial.

I dunno...I blame Daredevil, mostly.

Flash on the other hand, kicks the shit out of its sister show. I'll be catching up with that ASAP.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Episode 1 of Arrow season 1, or season 4?

Either way, I think the plan this season is to severely tone down the grittiness and move in a more light-hearted direction.
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

Arrow I just kinda lost interest in last season. Just too much annoying shit and it got too comic booky to the point I think the only person who has stayed dead so far is Oliver's dad (inb4 someone tells me he came back). I'll got back and finish last season and watch this season after its done aired if only to know whats going on when Arrow and Flash crossover.

Flash on the other hand has remained consistently good. Its not grimdark as Arrow sometimes got, its comic book like without descending into the level of absurdity that sometimes are staples of comics, seems like mostly people who die stay dead except when it makes sense (like Harrison Wells showing back up). The characters are also far more likable then those on Arrow, nobody is really annoying like Laurel is, and isn't trying to be a Batman rip-off despite ripping off the Bat-signal.

Despite Agents of Shield and Arrow sucking (and Gotham just looking so goddamn uninteresting), there are quite a few good comic shows on tv. Flash, Agent Carter, Daredevil, and iZombie (don't judge, its a good show) are all pretty good. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage both look interesting too but I'll hold out judgement until they drop but considering how well done Daredevil was I doubt there is anything to worry about.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Arrow's season 3 was problematic, and needed a better sense of direction. Season 1 had Merlyn and the Undertaking, Season 2 had the mayoral election and Deathstroke's revenge. Season 3 had Ras Al Ghul, but it was detoured by the Felicity romance and it not really building up to anything(along with the behind the scenes problems of WB saying they could no longer use the Suicide Squad and Colton Haynes leaving the show to start a movie career).
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Also, for those who missed it with the Flash team up: Comparison

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Okay, they got me. The initial meeting between Barry and the enemy that would turn out to be Atom Smasher had me thinking 'oh frabjous day, they're lifting from my supporting cast 'again', this is Bane.'
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Looks like they're bringing in Constantine. I wonder if we'll have a third Arrow-verse show with Constantine in it.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

So, the Constantine television series is now part of the Arrow-verse, officially. If fan-demand is high enough, the CW might bring it back.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

So just like last season of Flash, its time to guess the secret identity of the main villain. Now I guessed that Harrison Wells was really Eobard Thawne, but had no idea how he pulled it off. So who is Zoom.

After reading fan speculation, (hooray for the internet), I am going to guess its the Earth 2 Henry Allen.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... ty-spoiler

He most probably is a speedster, unlike his comic book counterpart who "slows down time," so it seems he is moving fast. In the comics Zoom moved faster than any individual speedster but not fast as the powered up Flash, that is when the Flash (Wally West) took the speed from other speedsters to become really fast.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Does it say something about her priorities when Linda's first words after Barry took of his flash-hood was 'I made out with the Flash!"
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Seriously? Barry's great idea to fight Zoom was to do it in freefall to counter Zoom's speed advantage? Nevermind none of that ever happened, a speedster has how many ways to nix that?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

So, to sum up, in the past few weeks, we've had John Constantine, flashes of Hawkgirl, and now we got to see Earth 2's Gorilla city. Say what you will about the DCTV universe, but they do like to embrace the wackiness of the Silver Age and present them completely straight.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

It seems that Arrow and Flash are aiming to have an annual crossover, with this year's being about Vandal Savage, and his ties to the Hawk-couple. Mostly this was a lot of setup for January's Legends of Tomorrow series, but the CW will have a rather extended DC TV universe going on.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I really appreciate seeing Mark Hamill on the Flash as the Trickster. Really wish it was more than once a season though.