Jon Bernthal is the New Punisher in Daredevil Series

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Jon Bernthal is the New Punisher in Daredevil Series

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Direct from Marvel:
Jon Bernthal Cast as Frank Castle in the Netflix Original Series 'Marvel's Daredevil'

The dynamic actor will punish Hell's Kitchen in the next season of the Netflix series, coming in 2016!

on Bernthal (“Wolf of Wall Street,” “The Walking Dead, ” “Fury”) joins the upcoming season of “Marvel’s Daredevil,” streaming only on Netflix in 2016!

Bernthal will portray The Punisher, one of Marvel’s most popular characters. He is a vigilante who aims to clean up New York City’s Hell’s Kitchen by any means necessary, no matter how lethal the results.

“Jon Bernthal brings an unmatched intensity to every role he takes on, with a potent blend of power, motivation and vulnerability that will connect with audiences,” said Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television. “Castle’s appearance will bring dramatic changes to the world of Matt Murdock and nothing will be the same.”

Bernthal will also appear in the upcoming action thriller “The Accountant.”

“Marvel's Daredevil” is Executive Produced by Doug Petrie (“American Horror Story,” “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”), Marco Ramirez (“Marvel’s Daredevil,” “DaVinci’s Demons”) and Drew Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods," "Lost"), along with Marvel TV's Jeph Loeb ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones.”)

"Marvel's Daredevil" is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios. Season one of “Marvel’s Daredevil” is now streaming on Netflix.
I was hoping Thomas Jane would have a shot at this, but I think this is an excellent choice. Thoughts?
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Re: Jon Bernthal is the New Punisher in Daredevil Series

Post by Gandalf »

Given season one of Daredevil, I am way excited.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Never read or watched a damn thing from the character except the fan-film Dirty Laundry, but I'm extremely excited about this, and particularly with the casting choice :D
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

The Punisher is one of those characters that end being really bad if depicted in a wrong way.

That said being in Daredevil means he will be mostly against normal humans which helps.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I really only know of Mr. Bernthal's work from The Walking Dead, but I was OK with his performance there. Really, what I hope for most is that we get another great season.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Chimaera wrote:Never read or watched a damn thing from the character except the fan-film Dirty Laundry, but I'm extremely excited about this, and particularly with the casting choice :D
My exposure to the character is the Jane short, the old Dolph Lundgren movie, some issues of the Armory series and a few individual others, mostly when he appeared in crossovers when I collected a few Marvel titles in high school. I think Bernthal will work very well here.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

If they make him into a HARD MAN making HARD DECISIONS (while HARD) I shall be really sad. Frank Castle works best as a fundamentally good man who's lost everything he's ever loved and is trying to channel his grief and survivor guilt into something proactive.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

So both Elektra and the Punisher are coming AND SO AM I!!!
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'