female thor revealed spoilers

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

dragon
Sith Marauder

female thor revealed spoilers

Post by dragon »

hum interesting granted there's beena few hints along the way
link
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Kojiro
Jedi Master

Re: female thor revealed spoilers

Post by Kojiro »

A resounding meh. The FemThor thing was badly done in almost every way. And when I say that I don't give a crap who got his name and powers- the exact same complaints would stand if the recipient had been a male.

He was Thor before he got Mjolnir. He was still Thor when it was destroyed abd when he was unworthy. In short Thor is more than the current owner of Mjolnir.
Dragon Clan Veritech
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

If Joe Average wrote on fanfiction.net a few years ago <insert person here> became Thor it would be called bad fanfiction.

Since this is Marvel doing it.....

I don't really have anything against someone else being worthy of Mjolnir, but it rubs me the wrong way that they shit on Thor, er I mean Odinson to do it. It also irritates me that <insert person here> is worthy of being Thor because she is willing to suffer for the humans.

I also get the distinct impression that when they describe Thor as "who suffers so that no one else will have to," they don't mean take the blows from the villains. It smacks very much like Jesus's suffering for our sins, especially given that Female Thor Spoiler
refuses to use magic to cure her cancer when she knows it will work
almost like she needs to suffer to help empathise with people. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Kojiro wrote:A resounding meh. The FemThor thing was badly done in almost every way. And when I say that I don't give a crap who got his name and powers- the exact same complaints would stand if the recipient had been a male.

He was Thor before he got Mjolnir. He was still Thor when it was destroyed abd when he was unworthy. In short Thor is more than the current owner of Mjolnir.

It was destroyed at some point?
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Kojiro
Jedi Master

Post by Kojiro »

A few. Molecule Man destroyed it on an atomic level once abd the Destroyer has broken it too. I'm sure there are others I don't recall. The point though is that the hammer doesn't define who Thor is any more than Cap's shield defines him.
Dragon Clan Veritech
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

The Destroyer broke it into half with its blast which Thor just reforged by drawing lightning to it.

Perrikus of the Dark Gods also broke it in two in one of worse pieces written by Dan Jurgens in which the writer had no freaking clue that Mjolnir had been broken before the Destroyer, and then proudly wrote what a bad arse his character is because no one else has ever broken Mjolnir.

I am also pretty sure Thor disentegrated it himself when he channelled the God force into it and blew up Exitar the Exterminator's brain. Yeah, Exitar as in the giant celestial.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.