supergirl trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

dragon
Sith Marauder

supergirl trailer

Post by dragon »

"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Re: supergirl trailer

Post by GuppyShark »

Oh my God that was hilarious

The bit when the badass super secret DEO agent tells her to get a cup of coffee?

What was that quote about Legally Blonde again?

EDIT: Found it

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-kel ... 34324.html
Zero Dark Thirty contains:

The scene where our heroine arrives at the office with high hopes but gets a crummy desk in a crappy corner.

The scene where she wants to do something but the boss gives her a Huge File of Things to do first.

The scene where she steps on another woman's toes... but then they become friends.

The scene where she tells her boss if she doesn't get to follow her gut she's going over his head.

The scene where she goes to the big meeting but doesn't get to sit at the table... but speaks up anyway!

I'm not saying these things didn't happen in real life. I'm just saying they also happened in Legally Blonde II.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

I rather enjoyed it. Looks to me to be part "Girl Power" superhero story and part "Lighter Side" of being a superhero in the shadow of "your cousin". I'll give it a try...provided it doesn't turn into a monster of the week gig like Smallville did. That killed the series for me.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Liked it a lot. The S shield needs work but nice touch going with the 'El family crest' angle. Too little and too early to tell much of anything, but so far this looks good.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

Me, I like the idea of just having to not have to wait 3 years for a damn super story. I'll invest some time.
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

It reminds me of the SNL skit about a Black Widow movie and that ain't a good thing. Of course I'm not the intended audience probably being a dude but still, if they are going to the trouble of making a superhero tv show (even one that appeals to women) they could maybe make it a bit less generic. There are female comic fans, I'm sure they appreciate something that isn't a generic female drama with capes added.

That aside, that motherfucking underground base lair things. That is literally the one thing that actually pissed me off about this.

You want an underground base? Fine, you and me both brother. But it shouldn't be a literal cave with some computers stuck in it. Caves are damp, dirty, nasty affairs. Damp is isn't a great place to be working in day in and day out to say nothing of how well a bunch of computers and giant wall monitors are going to fare in that environment. And I'm sure having a bunch of stalactites and stalagmites that can fall on peoples heads or fall over is totally fucking safe.

That is the crap supervillains do. A supposedly secret group of unnecessarily racist and/or sexist good guys shouldn't be doing the same thing as dudes who occupation is being evil. Is their other base in an active volcano or on the freaking moon?
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Didn't expect CBS to go the CW route, a little too cheesy, guess it's limited if not connected to the DC movieverse.
"Somehow I feel, that in the long run, Thanos of Titan came out ahead in this particular deal."
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

The DC movieverse so far is Man of Steel and if that project dies I won't shed a tear. I have no quarrels with the series being part of the Flash/Arrow TVverse.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

This looks like something David E Kelley would cook up. I get the impression this is aimed at maybe teenagers rather than comic book fans per se. Doesn't mean it can't be good and I will most probably keep an eye out for it.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.