Disney Descendants

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Disney Descendants

Post by Zaune »

If you're just going to start adapting fanfiction, at least adapt some good fanfiction...
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
biostem
Jedi Master

Re: Disney Descendants

Post by biostem »

So I wonder if they're going to go the route of having them travel to the "real world" to go to school - I can't imagine that the real world would be the same as ours if these characters' stories actually took place...
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

No, it seems to be more of a high school on the mainland for the sons and daughters of the heroes of fairytales and Disney stories, not the "real world". It's rather odd how all those cultures and time periods meet, though.
biostem
Jedi Master

Post by biostem »

FaxModem1 wrote:No, it seems to be more of a high school on the mainland for the sons and daughters of the heroes of fairytales and Disney stories, not the "real world". It's rather odd how all those cultures and time periods meet, though.

Yeah... I don't get how, for instance, someone from the 1900's (Cruella DeVille), the early to late middle ages, (Snow White, Sleeping Beauty), etc, could all exist simultaneously in one world. It would be interesting if they did exist in separate worlds, and the kids were offered invitations to the school via a dimension-jumping recruiter. I mean, there seemed to be modern electronics as well - so maybe the stories about the characters will be reinterpreted to make them work?
orbitingpluto
Youngling

Post by orbitingpluto »

Before finding out what the long-haired kid's name was, I thought he looked looked suspiciously like another Jay.

There isn't much in the video to suggest it's more than coincidence, but given the silliness of the plot, I wouldn't put it past them.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

At least Mal looks appropriately bad-ass to be Maleficent's daughter. Though their live-action version of Maleficent herself...leaves something to be desired. At least in terms of design, we'll see how she's portrayed.

And yes I will probably watch this, out of sheer curiosity if nothing else.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

A few weeks ago Youtube threw me an ad for something very similar. Except that it was animated. I didn't pay much attention, so I can't recall anything more.
biostem
Jedi Master

Post by biostem »

It's also, well, very lopsided in terms of power. Maleficent knows very powerful magic, the Wicked Queen, if nothing else, knows a bit subtler magic, and even Jafar has a vast amount of knowledge and skill going for him. Cruella DeVille is basically a bully with some hired thugs...