My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 5 (04/04/2015)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

RogueIce
_______

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 5 (04/04/2015)

Post by RogueIce »

LadyTevar wrote:There's a Season 5 coming?
Yes. Yes there is. :mrgreen:

And it begins with a two-part season premiere April 4th on The Hub ( :cry: ) Discovery Family.

So who's ready for more PONY? :D
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 5 (04/04/2015

Post by Purple »

RogueIce wrote:So who's ready for more PONY? :D
ME! ME! ME!
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

There is always Pony, if you know where to look for it.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I only just got around to watching 'Rainbow Rocks', I don't know if we ever had a discussion on that one.
biostem
Jedi Master

Post by biostem »

Crazedwraith wrote:I only just got around to watching 'Rainbow Rocks', I don't know if we ever had a discussion on that one.
Well, it was better than the first EG. I can't wait for Season 5! Personally, though, I still find Seasons 1 & 2 the best. But, hey, more pony is always a good thing.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Here is a question. Who is your favorite pony of them all? For me, it absolutely has to be the one and only Pinkie Pie.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

I'm rather fond of Fluttershy but I've got to say given what's been done with her Rarity wins hands (hooves?) down for me. She's just so delightfully quirky, she's the greedy element of generosity and makes that work.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Applejack out of the Mane Six. Though they're all pretty awesome, there's just something about AJ that makes me like her best.

Overall? Well...duh :razz:
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
biostem
Jedi Master

Post by biostem »

I like Rarity - only one who runs her own business and supports herself. As much of a diva as she can be, she's got herself in order...
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

biostem wrote:I like Rarity - only one who runs her own business and supports herself. As much of a diva as she can be, she's got herself in order...
Couldn't you say that Applejack runs her own business as well? She does seem to be the main spokespony for Sweet Apple Acres even if Mac or Granny Smith might actually own it, it seems less financially secure that Rarity's place but it's still a functioning business.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Rainbow Dash is the lead Weather Pony for Ponyville. So a supervisor position in a government job, hardly anything to sneeze at.

Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

The fact that Twilight is the lead character masks the fact that even if any other pony was the lead character, Twilight would still be the best character.

I am approximately 19.7% of the way to completion of a definitive proof of this fundamental truth via reflexive-hyperbolic logic.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Like for RI, you'll just have to guess mine.

For the Mane Six. I'd rank them. Twilight/Fluttershy, AJ, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Pinkie Pie. I don't dislike Pinkie Pie but I don't care for many Pinkie Pie episodes and she's really easy to over do.

Twilight is awesome. Especially in the first series when her episodes revolved more about her wanting to fit and being afraid of losing her new found friends as opposed to the superOCD plots of later seasons. (Though they're not bad either)
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Not really spoilers:

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Private video.

Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Huh, Hasbro decided to delete these? I wonder why. Anyway, a mirror:

Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Oh, and that was Hasbro MLP 1 IV video:

Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

For some reason I am imagining a thestral social justice warrior writing an essay about how the blatant wing type-morality equation in the first video is a persistent microaggression that must be eliminated for Equestria to be equal etc. Obviously I have read too much FIMFiction. :)
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Spoiler
I wondered for a minute if Starlight Glimmer was going to get away with their cutie marks and the rest of the season would revolve around getting them back
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

I thought it was ok but not as strong as the S2 or S4 openers. There was a definite lack of physical threat from the couple dozen villagers forcibly imprisoning the mane 6; we've seen the main characters hold their own against a horde of changeling warriors. Though it's true that they'd be reluctant to start violence with other ponies, and towards the end the mane6 do seem physically drained not just missing skills.

new nouns : hoofball, conceit, pilgrimage, piglet, countryism
new verbs : flaunt, unmark
(+several new variants of existing roots)
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

S5E04 was preeeety much trolling the audience + luna fanservice, but fairly well constructed.

new nouns : pasture (strange this hasn't come up before), roll call (had to define the composite event to make it parse correctly)
new verbs : skeedadle
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

If you are even remotely a fan of this show, drop whatever you are doing and go watch "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" right now.

Because it was an amazing and all around beautiful episode.

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I am so far behind on season 5. I saw Gilda's return and the 100th (which was so much fanon nod rubbish) but then I stopped again.

With a title like that though... did the CMCs get their marks or something?
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Let's just say we discover Diamond Tiara has an amazing singing voice. And gives us probably one of the most heart breaking songs I have heard in a very long time.

Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

Crazedwraith wrote:I am so far behind on season 5. I saw Gilda's return and the 100th (which was so much fanon nod rubbish) but then I stopped again.

With a title like that though... did the CMCs get their marks or something?
Spoiler
Simply put yes!