Wildbow's Twig Discussion Thread

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Re: Wildbow's Twig Discussion Thread

Post by Raw Shark »

LadyTevar wrote:So... it's still an on-going thing?
I've never seen Wildbow miss a deadline, that I can recall. The guy is like clockwork.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

No, I mean, this thread was started last year, so I din't know Wildbow was still writing. I've not followed Twig.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

LadyTevar wrote:No, I mean, this thread was started last year, so I din't know Wildbow was still writing. I've not followed Twig.
I recommend it highly, with the grain of salt that I am an obvious fanboy of the author. A lot of us got thrown by the pseudo-Victorian setting and expected action-filled steampunk, but it's really more psychological biopunk, chock full of body horror and musings on how the brain works. The focus on class conflict and rapid cultural progression shock are present, but the aesthetic is like Frankenstein writ large, and interpersonal drama is also a huge thing. What if there were lots of Frankensteins, and they were competing to run society, and you were one of their monsters? Now let's run with it...

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

I too reccomend it higly. And i will now use the spoiler tag Spoiler
Spoiler
if wildbow holds true, this is the start of the heroic growth arc. Skirrer became weaver. Guy in pact became mirror man. One further transfornation awaits for the final act. Given the current trends and wildbows patterns. Im placing money on Sy the Noble. Somehow.[\spoiler]
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee