The Librarians TV series on TNT

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

The Librarians TV series on TNT

Post by FaxModem1 »

Does anyone remember the Librarian TV movies on TNT from about a decade ago? Well, now apparently TNT is making a TV series coming this December.

I rather enjoyed the trilogy, so I'm actually looking forward to this, as it looks rather fun.
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Re: The Librarians TV series on TNT

Post by Themightytom »

too bad Noah Wyle is dicking around with Falling Skies, he pretty much made the show.

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Themightytom wrote:too bad Noah Wyle is dicking around with Falling Skies, he pretty much made the show.
Evidently, he will "appear sporadically" in the show.

Link.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Also Falling Skies is airing its last season this summer, so after that he'll be freed up.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

I'll give it a shot. Those Librarian movies were nice campy fun. I like movies that don't take themselves or their premise super seriously, especially in this day and age when everything is uber gritty and dark.
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:I'll give it a shot. Those Librarian movies were nice campy fun. I like movies that don't take themselves or their premise super seriously, especially in this day and age when everything is uber gritty and dark.
I think that kind of wastes the premise, depends on how campy, Stargate campy or Lifetime/Hallmark channel cheese campy. If anything wished this would get the dark serious procedural treatment instead of dozens of police or hospital dramas. It almost reminds me of a point and click adventure game, but the trailer points towards campy comedy rather than fun adventure.
"Somehow I feel, that in the long run, Thanos of Titan came out ahead in this particular deal."
Battlegrinder
Redshirt

Post by Battlegrinder »

Meest wrote:
Ziggy Stardust wrote:I'll give it a shot. Those Librarian movies were nice campy fun. I like movies that don't take themselves or their premise super seriously, especially in this day and age when everything is uber gritty and dark.
I think that kind of wastes the premise, depends on how campy, Stargate campy or Lifetime/Hallmark channel cheese campy. If anything wished this would get the dark serious procedural treatment instead of dozens of police or hospital dramas. It almost reminds me of a point and click adventure game, but the trailer points towards campy comedy rather than fun adventure.
But the thing is, we already have that show. Literally every other supernatural adventure show on tv (Supernatural, Constantine, that one with the brothers grimm I can't be bothered to watch) is doing that. Having this one do it will just have it get lost in the crowd, and will mean dumping everything that made the original movies so enjoyable.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I'm hoping it stays Stargate campy; good scripts, great timing, and a guy using his head to get them out of trouble. The movies had simple scenes of Excalibur dancing around teaching The Librarian how to swordfight -- not even a Checkov's Gun, just a fun little scene showing the Library's got personality. They had a lot of little asides like that: Bob Newhart's character stepping out of the Fountain of Youth as a toddler, then immediately being old again; Nessie swimming in the lake under the Library; a quip about time-traveling ninjas after Verne's Time Machine.

Ya know, it's kinda like Warehouse 13 in a good way.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Warehouse 13 already was Warehouse 13 in a good way.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'