Avengers: Age of Ultron Leak

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Avengers: Age of Ultron Leak

Post by LadyTevar »

Just saw on Facebook that the International Version of the trailer was leaked online. Disney is forcing lockdowns on the video as we speak, while Marvel Inc just posted to its Twitter Account "Dammit Hydra!"

I managed a peek at one of the Spanish channels before it blacked out (sorry, can't link).
A bleak look at a city under siege. The voiceover says "I'm going to show you something beautiful ... you want to protect the world but you don't want it to change"
We see glimpses of citizens running, Capt looking beatdown, Thor and hammer ... all of them in a Quinjet...
"You're just puppets ... tangled in ... strings..."
One of Ironman's suits (?) hobbles out of the dark, as Tony and others watch in horror. The suit (Ultron?) picks up another castoff suit and crushes it.
*cue music: a single child's voice singing slowly and sadly 'I've got no strings, to hold me down ... ' (Pinnochio)
Scenes of Mountain top Monastery, scenes of various Avengers: Thor, Capt, Widow, Fury, Hawkeye, Hulk/Banner, Tony in and out of Armor, HulkBuster Armor (on Tony or Ultron?)
*music continues, as Ultron clones/IronSuits take to the air, Scarlet Witch and Quiksliver appear, Tony in his workshop, talking to someone (Fury?) saying "This is the end, the end of the path I started on" (the Iron Men?). Widow next, "All things end" Switch to falling buildings and screaming women.
Scenes of HULK/HULKBUSTER throwdown... but is it Tony or Ultron?
*song continues, as Ultron joins in "I've got not strings, so now I'm free... There Are... No Strings... ON ME"
Now, I don't know about you, but that's the creepiest Pinnochio I've ever heard, and Ultron's Design as a Uber-IronMan Robot is terrifying.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Leak

Post by Enigma »

I liked the hulkbuster armor and the fight with Hulk. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Enigma wrote:I liked the hulkbuster armor and the fight with Hulk. :)
Hulk was smart there: Throw car, use it to shield your movements, HULKSMASH!!

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Looks like Marvel's official youtube channel went ahead and released it.

It's pretty dang amazing. James Spader's voice is a weapon.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Lonestar wrote:Looks like Marvel's official youtube channel went ahead and released it.
Makes sense. At this point there's no reason to hold it in. They'll just wind up playing whack a mole with video uploaders, and it irritates the target audience.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Here is the official Marvel youtube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do
Gotta say the fact that seven years ago this whole thing with Marvel was just an unproven dream to now? To May 2015 for sure billion dollar blockbuster? My inner 12 year old's is going nuts right now.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Mr Bean wrote:Here is the official Marvel youtube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do
Gotta say the fact that seven years ago this whole thing with Marvel was just an unproven dream to now? To May 2015 for sure billion dollar blockbuster? My inner 12 year old's is going nuts right now.
Smart of them. It's out, it's only the first trailer, they can have more later. So might as well stoke the "inner 12yr old" into hyperactive discussion of what's going on in the trailer. Now it will be freely discussed, minutely, on countless fan forums as we pick apart the least detail for hints into the what, why, and where.

SO, where do we start? How Ultron knows the Pinnochio song, maybe? It seems to be a theme for him, and a good one.

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

LadyTevar wrote:SO, where do we start? How Ultron knows the Pinnochio song, maybe? It seems to be a theme for him, and a good one.
He's a computer in the age of google, so I doubt it's a stretch. :P

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

Is that Andy Sirkis at 1:33?
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Anyone else annoyed that NONE of the last set of Marvel movies leading up to this Avengers have said or hinted anything ABOUT Ultron?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Anyone else annoyed that NONE of the last set of Marvel movies leading up to this Avengers have said or hinted anything ABOUT Ultron?
No. Why should they?

- George Carlin
xerex
Jedi Knight

Post by xerex »

I suspect that plotwise Ultron comes out of left field for the Team while they are busy dealing with Hydra (and Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver). So its a surprise for them.
Go back far enough and you'll end up blaming some germ for splitting in two - Col Tigh
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Anyone else annoyed that NONE of the last set of Marvel movies leading up to this Avengers have said or hinted anything ABOUT Ultron?
I think it's because all the post-Avengers movies, aside from Guardians, have been dealing with the fallout of New York.

Thor 2: Loki's imprisonment after Avengers
Iron Man 3: Stark's PTSD in reaction to New York
Captain America 2: SHIELD's ramping up of helicarriers because of New York.

I think we're going to be seeing them shifting from that to the actions they're taking for SHIELD being non-existent.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

also I suspect there might be a "tie-in" we didn't notice I wouldn't be surpriced if Ultron was created as a way to deal with the return on Hydra and SHIELD being reduced to dozen people.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Broken
Padawan Learner

Avengers Age of Ultron official teaser trailer

Post by Broken »

Age of Ultron teaser trailer

Short, sweet and looks pretty good.

Edit: Opps, meant to post in fantasy, if a mod could move please
"If you're caught with an ounce of cocaine, the chances are good you're going to jail. Evidently, if you launder nearly $1 billion for drug cartels and violate our international sanctions, your company pays a fine and you go home and sleep in your own bed at night." Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)

The Noldor are the Wise, and the Golden, the Valiant, the Sword-elves, the Elves of the Earth, the Foes of Melkor, the Skilled of Hand, the Jewel-wrights, the Companions of Men, the Followers of Finwë.
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

I'm my prediction is that Scarlet Witch uses her powers to separate Banner from Hulk, hence the throwdown with Hulk Buster Iron Man while Banner is running around all nervous and sad.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

It does somewhat come out of left field, but I am guessing they may have planned to build up to it in some small part with Agents of SHIELD. Hence the leak confounding some of their plans. Perhaps the next few episodes would have discussed Stark's plans for a combat robot or whatever, so Ultron doesn't come out of nowhere.

This notion does have the weakness in that as far as the movies go, it's not really relevant because IMO they essentially make the movies without really taking the show into account-- the show has to conform around the movies rather than vice versa.

If they don't go that route, there will almost certainly be a bit of exposition along the lines of "So guys, you know I gave up the whole Iron Man thing, right? Well here's my substitute..."
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

NeoGoomba wrote:I'm my prediction is that Scarlet Witch uses her powers to separate Banner from Hulk, hence the throwdown with Hulk Buster Iron Man while Banner is running around all nervous and sad.
My prediction is that Ultron hacks a lot of Tony's armor, and that Hulk is actually fighting Ultron in that scene.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Looks awesome. Hope I live long enough to see it.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

Elheru Aran wrote:If they don't go that route, there will almost certainly be a bit of exposition along the lines of "So guys, you know I gave up the whole Iron Man thing, right? Well here's my substitute..."
My guess is that Tony develops autonomous "armor" in quantity because SHIELD is (mostly) gone, and there's nothing standing between Earth and another alien invasion. They're supposed to protect us, but...
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

I can see some pretty heavy foreshadowing for Black Panther to show up in Phase 3, likely in Captain America 3 if not his own standalone movie. First there's a quick shot of Andy Serkis, with the rumor that he's playing Ulysses Klaw. Then, later on, there's a glimpse of Captain America's shield broken in half, which means he's going to need to find a source of vibranium in order to get it fixed.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Holy shitballs. :D

Clearly Ultron is going to use the Hulk somehow to his advantage and against the Avengers. (Setting up Planet Hulk?) That's also definitely Stark in the HulkBuster armor since there is no reason Ultron would even need to confront the Hulk like that and Stark would only do it to stop him from smashing civilians. There is also something definitely going wrong with Banner in the movie.

Gawd damnit I love James Spader. :D

There seems to be, based on the trailer, quite a bit of solo stuff going on with each character, but it literally could be a five minute montage of shit in the actual movie.

I'm going to watch it a million more times now. :D Fanboy dreams come true.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Flagg wrote:Looks awesome. Hope I live long enough to see it.
Stop that.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Havok wrote:Holy shitballs. :D
I concur.
Clearly Ultron is going to use the Hulk somehow to his advantage and against the Avengers. (Setting up Planet Hulk?) That's also definitely Stark in the HulkBuster armor since there is no reason Ultron would even need to confront the Hulk like that and Stark would only do it to stop him from smashing civilians. There is also something definitely going wrong with Banner in the movie.
It's the easiest way to use him in an ensemble cast. Have the villain make Hulk fight another hero, so afterwards Banner can reflect on the monster within, overcoming it for the final act when they band together.

I'm wondering if there will be a greater cost than usual for Hulk stuff, though that might take the film out of the PG13 rating they seem to seek.

- George Carlin
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

From the looks, I don't think the Hulk will be involved in the final battle and the ending of this movie could be very bitter sweet.

He also looks like he has some form of weird veiny thing going on like the palladium poisoning or the extremes serum in the scene where he screams at the HulkBuster.

I'm guessing that the public, leaders and the Avengers will decide that Banner is too dangerous to be kept around and hello Planet Hulk setup.

It could also be that Ultron initially uses the Iron Man armor or some variation of it (there is the Avengers A on the chest piece of zombie-Ultron) along with the Hulk to cause all the devastation we see.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)