You lead Industrial Cats against Human Theocrats (RAR!)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: You lead Industrial Cats against Human Theocrats (RAR!)

Post by Simon_Jester »

Dogs are a manageable threat, among other things they're smaller and more vulnerable to cat-portable firearms.

I agree that it really isn't very practical for the cats to carry personal weapons capable of seriously threatening human soldiers, and that they'll have to focus on advanced technology. And, in the fullness of time, designing vehicles built to human scale and operated by the tiny cats, difficult though this may be...
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Zeropoint
Jedi Knight

Post by Zeropoint »

So what? Cats have tiny endurance. Virtually any human can outrun a cat, simply by outlasting it.
That's great, if you're trying to catch the cat. Your ultimate victory is assured.

It doesn't help so much when the cat is trying to catch you. It'll be on you before your endurance matters.

However, I still agree that any plan which deliberately puts our Nekonian forces in paw to hand combat with the humans is foolish. Grind them down, wear them out, turn their glorious crusade into a slow and embarassing death spiral. When the guys back home hear that you died after slaying two dozen of the enemy, that might inspire them to pick up your sword. When they hear that you died of shitting yourself to death, they won't be so eager to follow in your footsteps.
I'm a cis-het white male, and I oppose racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia. I support treating all humans equally.

When fascism came to America, it was wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

That which will not bend must break and that which can be destroyed by truth should never be spared its demise.
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

Two words, pit traps. 30-40 cm deep, spikes optional. Dig them anywhere in human occupied territory. The best part is you can put covers over them that can support your average cat, and a human will still crash right in.

Next up, send in operatives to knock off the leadership, start fires, kill horses, and other various mischief.

Finally, get as much artillery as you can mobilize, and start lobbing incendiary devices at their forts/camps/towns/wherever they sleep at night.
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie