TV Scorpion

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

dragon
Sith Marauder

TV Scorpion

Post by dragon »

So did anyone else watch the primier Monday night. Not much in the way of action but was interesting on their take on a group of geniuses as they dealt with a catastrophic event.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: TV Scorpion

Post by LadyTevar »

No, I didn't. What can you tell me about it?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Since I'm lousy with summaries here's what wiki says
Inspired by a true story, eccentric computer genius Walter O'Brien and his team of brilliant-minded outcasts cannot function normally in society. Until one day they are recruited by federal agent Cabe Gallo of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security when a serious problem arises. Even though O'Brien and Gallo have history, he and his friends agree to help solve the problem and ultimately become the last line of defense against complex, high-tech threats around the globe.

This team of masterminds is codenamed Scorpion, which includes O'Brien, one of the smartest persons in the world with a 197 IQ and his friends (as Agent Gallo describes them), Sylvester Dodd, a "human calculator" dealing in statistics, Happy Quinn, a "mechanical prodigy" and Toby Curtis, a "world-class shrink" (a Harvard-trained behaviorist). Along with Paige Dineen, a former waitress whose interaction with people translates the real world to them, and they translate her young mentally gifted son, Ralph, to her.
link
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

dragon wrote:Since I'm lousy with summaries here's what wiki says
[snip] Along with Paige Dineen, a former waitress whose interaction with people translates the real world to them, and they translate her young mentally gifted son, Ralph, to her.
What the fuck does that even mean?

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Penny from the Big Bang Theory is really cool and hot, let's see if we can do that with this show.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Raw Shark wrote:
dragon wrote:Since I'm lousy with summaries here's what wiki says
[snip] Along with Paige Dineen, a former waitress whose interaction with people translates the real world to them, and they translate her young mentally gifted son, Ralph, to her.
What the fuck does that even mean?
Basiclly the 4 genius have a hard time interacting with the real world particularly social situations. Example the lead character broke up with his girl friend and he mapped the possible reaction in a chart.

The actress is used to dealing with people on a regular basis but knows nothing about raising a genius so they offered her a deal. She helps them with social situations and they help her with her son
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

Knife wrote:Penny from the Big Bang Theory is really cool and hot, let's see if we can do that with this show.
That is half of my problem with this series, that it is essentially an action remake of the Big Bang Theory that seems to have all of the same problems of showing intellectuals.

My second biggest problem with it is for a series supposedly about brilliant characters, it has the director of the Fast and the Furious movies directing the pilot with all of the same stupidity that it implies.