Gotham talkback

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: Gotham talkback

Post by FaxModem1 »

Frankly, I keep on waiting to see how they're portraying Nygma. Is he that goofy kid who doesn't really know how to socialize, and will just be pushed too far because no one(aside from maybe Gordon) will give him a fair shake? Or is he more like Penguin, in that he looks and acts harmless, but is a complete monster who if given the chance, would eat the world and everyone in it?
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

While I haven't watched much of it beyond the second episode, what I have seen suggests to me that this won't be so much about Batman's development as it will be Gotham City gradually turning into even more of a wretched crime zone with the various villains growing into their places. Penguin will bump Mooney off at some point, Nygma will make himself useful, Joker is going to show up at some point, Clayface, Killer Croc, etc...

If this show goes more than a couple of years they will definitely need to time-jump it a bit because, well, watching a 12 (13?) year old boy grow up is going to be... kinda boring. Jump it up to 15, 17, 18/19... or simply take him out of the picture entirely by sending him to boarding school like all the other rich kids, and after he graduates that he goes to Harvard (or was it Yale? some fancy Ivy League school, I'm sure) and then does his whole travel the world training with martial artists. There are lots of ways to take him out of the picture for the next in-universe 10 years or so.

What I'd like to find out is what version of the Batman universe they're going with. Arkham? Traditional comic books? New 52 with the Owls? Etc?
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Loving what they're doing with this show.

"You're so deep in the maze you can't see over the walls."
"Tell me something I don't know!"

Gordon at Arkham is a bold move for the first season, interested to see how that plays out.