You run the Foundation of Game of Thrones (RAR!)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: You run the Foundation of Game of Thrones (RAR!)

Post by Thanas »

LaCroix wrote:Same for flamethrower - nice if you get close to the enemy, but since they all use galleys with rams, and longbow archers, you don't want them to come that close. If you really want to use that - we got 1920's tech - but that stuff in a grenade and use a cannon, howitzer or mortar to disperse it. I doubt it's a good idea taking it onto our own wooden sailing ships, which wil be much less steady on sea that a modern metal ship would. In the end, it's more of a fire hazard for us than a useful combat weapon.
Besides, you lack the necessary discipline and experience to use it anyway.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Re: You run the Foundation of Game of Thrones (RAR!)

Post by Zor »

gigabytelord wrote:What kind of government does Foundation have? Democracy? Republic? Constitutional monarchy? Is it a confederation of small but independent states? Or a federation with a strong central government? I'm leaning toward a constitutional monarchy. Why? Because that means I as the king/queen can stay in a position of power for the rest of my life while still allowing a democratic society to exist around me. Otherwise I'd be shit out of luck once I did something that pissed off my government and got me kicked out of office.
The cities and towns are run democratically, but you have been elected as Mayor for life. So long as you don't have any of your citizens randomly arrested/executed/disappeared, don't have anyone tortured and don't allow slavery and other such thing you will remain in power. If you die or step down, a new Mayor will be elected.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor