Legend of Korra Book 3 Trailer is up!

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Legend of Korra Book 3 Trailer is up!

Post by Steve »

”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: Legend of Korra Book 3 Trailer is up!

Post by Batman »

Or I may be frustrated because 'OOPS! The page you're looking for has either moved or is no longer on nick.com. Make sure to delete your old 'bookmark' or 'favorite' for that page and create a new one.', and simply clicking that link from Germany simply lands you on nick.de.
Still glad to hear they're continuing the series...presumably.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Never bothered seeing the end of Book 2. So not as hyped as I could be.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Crazedwraith wrote:Never bothered seeing the end of Book 2. So not as hyped as I could be.
Did you at least see the Legend of Wan? Totally worth it.

Bunch of unconnected snippets of action sequences, Firelord Zuko is the only thing that made me sit up. And I can't be the only one who sees that he looks exactly like Sozin except for the scar.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Ahriman238 wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote:Never bothered seeing the end of Book 2. So not as hyped as I could be.
Did you at least see the Legend of Wan? Totally worth it.
Saw. The First Avatar two parter. And the stupid fanservice with Iroh. Last one I saw ended up with one of Tenzin's kids captured by the bad guy.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Before the action started up, there was a scene of Korra practicing with an air bender we have never seen before. When everyone thought that Tenzin and his children were the only air benders. Later a scene that might be Bumi air-bending.

That sounds like something going around and giving bending to people.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

bilateralrope wrote:Before the action started up, there was a scene of Korra practicing with an air bender we have never seen before. When everyone thought that Tenzin and his children were the only air benders. Later a scene that might be Bumi air-bending.

That sounds like something going around and giving bending to people.
It sure as heck looks like Bumi airbending to me.
And... if that's Azula she looks well preserved to say the least. Wonder if we are getting more sins of the past in the next session along with meeting the new Earth Queen?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Batman wrote:Or I may be frustrated because 'OOPS! The page you're looking for has either moved or is no longer on nick.com. Make sure to delete your old 'bookmark' or 'favorite' for that page and create a new one.', and simply clicking that link from Germany simply lands you on nick.de.
Still glad to hear they're continuing the series...presumably.
The trailer is also on Youtube
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

And the youtube one is still operational (at least as of a minute ago) so thank you.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Mr Bean wrote:It sure as heck looks like Bumi airbending to me.
And... if that's Azula she looks well preserved to say the least. Wonder if we are getting more sins of the past in the next session along with meeting the new Earth Queen?
Can't help but notice that Combustion Man tattoo. And here I thought he was a one off.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Very interesting.

This could be the best season yet...
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

I want this to be good. I want to like Korra. But they're not there yet.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

if that woman with third eye tattoo is truly Azula then she's indeed really well preserved as she's only 2 years younger then Zuko yet she seems like she's at her 50s at most.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Did Korra metalbend?
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

mr friendly guy wrote:Did Korra metalbend?
it's hard to say there's some scenes that seem like it though, if she did it would make more skilled then any of the previous avatars that didn't seem to learn special techniques outside of their "native" bending style, like metal bending or healing arts.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Lord Revan wrote:
mr friendly guy wrote:Did Korra metalbend?
it's hard to say there's some scenes that seem like it though, if she did it would make more skilled then any of the previous avatars that didn't seem to learn special techniques outside of their "native" bending style, like metal bending or healing arts.
I was thinking of one particular scene where she ripped open and wall which looked like a piece of metal.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Given how much I loved the Ba Sing Se arc from the original series, I'm very keen on the Dai Li's apparent return.

You'd think Kuei and Aang would have made sure that the secret police were disbanded and imprisoned after they betrayed the Earth Kingdom.

But perhaps some of them got away or it's a Neo Dai Li.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Perhaps Aang tried to reform it based on what he thought was Avatar Koyshi's orginal intention?
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

It's possible.

If I were in Aang's position, however, I would have completely dismantled the Dai Li for good.

They did significant damage to the fight against the Fire Nation. They were more focused on controlling Ba Sing Se than in prosecuting the War.

And then there's their culpability in the fall of the Kingdom by backing Long Feng and Azula.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

And so would I. but we weren't, Aang was, and I don't think doing something like this would have been in his nature. The guy was 'by and large people are nice if we only can get them to be reasonable ' naive on a level that makes The Big Cheese look cynical. He's repeatedly refused to use his powers to hurt people in situations where anybody would have agreed it was in self-defense, I very much suspect it never would have occurred to him to dismantle the Dai Li.
A much more interesting question is why did it never occur to Sokka, and if it did, why he wasn't allowed to go through with it.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

For that matter, if I were Kuei, I'd be pretty interested in dismantling the secret police behind a de facto coup.

I seem to remember some kind of fan-theories about the Dai Li serving an unseen but vital role in the Earth Kingdom, like keeping Earth-Cthulu bound and slumbering. That's still reaching, but might provide a valid reason for keeping them around. Alternatively the old Dai Li were disbanded and a new group instituted under the same colors and likely name, to provide continuity with the commoners while letting Kuei feel safe sleeping.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

As I've mentioned before, I became a huge fan of ATLA, but still haven't gotten started on Korra yet. Now season 2 is over, is it worth watching overall?
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Yes, it is, if just for the origin of the Avatar part.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Steve wrote:Yes, it is, if just for the origin of the Avatar part.
Awesome. Once I've caught up with One Piece (Christ they've made a lot of episodes) I'll start Korra, thanks 8)
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Chimaera wrote: Awesome. Once I've caught up with One Piece (Christ they've made a lot of episodes) I'll start Korra, thanks 8)
Damn man, catching up with one piece is a slog without even getting into the filler arcs.

I have to say the back story of the first avatar in season 2 is a highlight of the entire series. To the point where you ask... hey can we forget Korra and focus on this guy instead?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton