Movie Avengers vs Movie Brotherhood of Mutants

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Tribble
Sith Devotee

Re: Movie Avengers vs Movie Brotherhood of Mutants

Post by Tribble »

If this is taking place at the Statute of Liberty, where could Hawkeye manage to take a shot at Magneto without being noticed by someone first? I'm not familiar with its architecture. If he's noticed before he takes the shot Magneto has the reflexes to throw some metal in the way.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Kojiro
Jedi Master

Post by Kojiro »

The real problem with Hawkeye, in any match up where the Avengers outnumber the enemy like this, is that he'll be up back somewhere acting like that asshole sniper in any modern shooter that picks you off while you engage his buddies. As if fending off Hulk wasn't difficult enough.

I would imagine there's a good chance Hawkeye and Stark would hold back. Stark because Magneto scares the crap out of him and Hawkeye sitting out back of the transport, like he did with the Helicarrier, waiting for Magneto to be far too distracted dealing with the Norse god that skipped the downstairs portion of the event and went straight for him.
Dragon Clan Veritech
lance
Jedi Master

Post by lance »

Simon_Jester wrote: What it comes down to is that if we take "Banner shot himself, the other guy spat the bullet out" at face value, there are two explanations:

1) Banner can subconsciously transform in milliseconds even when he has no conscious desire to do so, between the time he decides to pull the trigger and the time the bullet hits the inside of his mouth, OR...

2) Banner's transformation is held in check by his own will*, and after massive brain damage "the other guy" takes over and heals the damage.

I favor (2), because it explains why he can transform rapidly at will and is consistent with the one explanation of the transformation process I can remember him giving: "I'm always angry."
It could also be he was partly transformed when he pulled the trigger.