Spiderman 2 (spoilers)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

dragon
Sith Marauder

Spiderman 2 (spoilers)

Post by dragon »

What no thread. I know some of you went to see it. I thought it was pretty good except for the part where Spoiler
Gwen dies
The post credits scene was interesting with Mystique and toad.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Re: Spiderman 2 (spoilers)

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Here is the reason for the Future Past clip:
How did Peter Parker and Mystique end up in the same movie?
Film Editor, New York
Ramin Setoodeh
@RaminSetoodeh

The “Amazing Spider-Man 2″ opens today overseas, and fans are already buzzing on Twitter over its end credits. The Sony Pictures release concludes with a teaser for the upcoming “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” a new sequence that has been added since “Spidey 2″ premiered in London last week.

The montage, which features a blue Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, is meant to mimic the coda scenes that conclude the Disney and Marvel Pictures juggernauts, including “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” which introduce new characters.

But in the case of the “Avengers” films, Disney is promoting its own material. The Spidey situation is different: Sony, which owns the “Spider-Man” films, is plugging a rival studio’s product, since the seventh “X-Men” sequel is released by 20th Century Fox on May 23. (Marvel acts as a traditional licensor for the non-Disney-owned Marvel characters.)

Why would Sony do that?

The reason, Variety has learned, is that “Spider-Man” director Marc Webb had an existing contract with Fox Searchlight to helm another film following 2009′s “500 (Days) of Summer.” After “The Amazing Spider-Man” in 2012, Webb’s negotiations briefly stalled with Sony as he was caught in a tug-of-war with Fox. Eventually, Fox agreed to allow Webb to direct Sony’s “Spider-Man” sequel, but only if Sony would promote its “X-Men” film for free.

For Sony, there’s another benefit to the cross-promotion. It allows the studio to situate its movie in the same Marvel family as Captain America and Iron Man, even if the creative team behind those films — including star producer Kevin Feige — are separate. Many fans look forward to the much-hyped codas at the end of a Marvel film.

That said, some U.K. fans who saw “Spider-Man 2″ on opening day were confused, wondering if it meant a single “X-Men” and “Spider-Man” movie is being planned. That’s not happening.
And here (spoilers) are some details of a possible post-credits scene (that actually had something to do with TASM2) that was deleted.

I was disappointed that there was no post-credits scene that had anything to do with the movie itself. Marvel Studios itself is doing this much better.

All that aside, I don't like the implication that Oscorp is building all the various equipment that might be used by Spider-Man's future enemies.
Coop D'etat
Jedi Knight

Post by Coop D'etat »

This was frustrating for me:

There is some solid visuals here and I thought the acting on a whole was solid (Emma Stone is delightful, although Jamie Foxx struggled with bad material). Its the best big screen overall representation of Spider-man in action IMO. It exploits the full range of Spider-man's powers quite well IMO, particularly his agility in fluid movements.

It just has awful writing. A jumble of individually good scenes without a coherent story. Which makes sense when I looked it up and found it was written by the same guys who did Transformers.

I wouldn't particularly recommended seeing it. I'd say go see Captain America instead, or wait for the new X-Men which looks interesting.
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

Saw it on Saturday and to my surprise really liked it.

Ok, everything emotional was totally overdone, but in some way that fit with the characters being in their late teens / early twenties.

The fight scenes were amazing, very fun and fluid.

I've also got appreciate having Spidy get over Spoiler
Gwen's death
in about ten minutes of film when they could have easily stretched it out over a whole other film of angst.