Batman Beyond - Batgirl?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Batman Beyond - Batgirl?

Post by Kitsune »

I was reading about the Batman Beyond universe and read that there was a Batgirl?
Is it one of the already known characters taking on the role or somebody new?
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Re: Batman Beyond - Batgirl?

Post by fgalkin »

Kitsune wrote:I was reading about the Batman Beyond universe and read that there was a Batgirl?
Is it one of the already known characters taking on the role or somebody new?
Barbara Gordon the original Batgirl was the Police Commissioner of Gotham City, IIRC

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

Knew that but reading between the lines of various items, there is/was a new Batgirl.
When I watched the series originally years ago, half hoped that Max might become Batgirl.
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Don't know about the comics but in animated BB the only Batgirl was Babs, and that was only in flashbacks to the present (the only ones that come immidiately to mind are from RotJ but there may have been others during the series' run). No contemporary Batgirl ever showed up far as I can recall.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

Batman wrote:Don't know about the comics but in animated BB the only Batgirl was Babs, and that was only in flashbacks to the present (the only ones that come immidiately to mind are from RotJ but there may have been others during the series' run). No contemporary Batgirl ever showed up far as I can recall.
Seems to be really recent (April 8, 2014)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140124 ... d_i=507846
Thomas Paine

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

That'd be the 'don't know about the comics' part?
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

Batman wrote:That'd be the 'don't know about the comics' part?
I was making it clear that I was not speaking out my ass.
Thomas Paine

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Duly noted, and my apologies if I came across as thinking you were. That was not my intention.
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

I have comparatively recently watched Batman Beyond because I have Netflicks
Some items with regards to computer have not aged well.
For example, the use CDs to move files while now we mostly use memory sticks for smaller files.
Thomas Paine

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

There is a "Batgirl Beyond" but she's only recently appeared in the digital comics tieing into the TV show. We don't know much, other than she's a kid of the streets who was insired by the Bat and her name is Nissa.

Here's about all we got on her, at least the conclusion of her introductory arc.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran