Like a Mighty Army Safehold new book

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

dragon
Sith Marauder

Like a Mighty Army Safehold new book

Post by dragon »

David Weber latest foray in the Safehold so I picked a copy of it and can't wait till I read it. Anyone else read or planning on reading it
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Re: Like a Mighty Army Safehold new book

Post by Ahriman238 »

I think I'm a book or two behind, May make my birthday wish list in a couple months.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

I liked it. Seemed to have more action than the previous book.
B5B7
Jedi Knight

Post by B5B7 »

I have read it. I won't spoil details, but Merlin solves the problem of appearing to be at more than one place at the same time (with two different methods). There is also a small discussion about the Gbaba. Lots of big troop movements and battles. As usual, lots of detailed discussion of how to design and mass produce revised weapons - including on the Temple side as well as the Charisian side. The Army of God has big supply problems.
On a personal note, for some reason, though not bothered by it before, I got pissed at the variant name spellings.
TVWP: "Janeway says archly, "Sometimes it's the female of the species that initiates mating." Is the female of the species trying to initiate mating now? Janeway accepts Paris's apology and tells him she's putting him in for a commendation. The salamander sex was that good."
"Not bad - for a human"-Bishop to Ripley
GALACTIC DOMINATION Empire Board Game visit link below:
GALACTIC DOMINATION