X-Men: Days of Future Past Second Trailer Released

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

X-Men: Days of Future Past Second Trailer Released

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Needs more Rebecca Romijn...
dragon
Sith Marauder

Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past Second Trailer Released

Post by dragon »

looks interesting
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

Looks not viewable from my country.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

So they kinda ripped off the Destroyer?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

Enigma wrote:So they kinda ripped off the Destroyer?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.
Darth Nostril
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Nostril »

Bedlam wrote:Looks not viewable from my country.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=X-Men+Days+of+Futu ... +Trailer+2
So I stare wistfully at the Lightning for a couple of minutes. Two missiles, sharply raked razor-thin wings, a huge, pregnant belly full of fuel, and the two screamingly powerful engines that once rammed it from a cold start to a thousand miles per hour in under a minute. Life would be so much easier if our adverseries could be dealt with by supersonic death on wings - but alas, Human resources aren't so easily defeated.

Imperial Battleship, halt the flow of time!

My weird shit NSFW
Darth Nostril
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Nostril »

Or you could have clicked on the the uploaders homepage link just under the unresponsive video and scrolled down til you found the UK trailer.
Guess that would have been too much like work.
So I stare wistfully at the Lightning for a couple of minutes. Two missiles, sharply raked razor-thin wings, a huge, pregnant belly full of fuel, and the two screamingly powerful engines that once rammed it from a cold start to a thousand miles per hour in under a minute. Life would be so much easier if our adverseries could be dealt with by supersonic death on wings - but alas, Human resources aren't so easily defeated.

Imperial Battleship, halt the flow of time!

My weird shit NSFW
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

Darth Nostril wrote:Or you could have clicked on the the uploaders homepage link just under the unresponsive video and scrolled down til you found the UK trailer.
Guess that would have been too much like work.
Actually that would have been too much for my very limited internet knowledge. I did not know I could do that, well I guess I will next time.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Not bad.

I like the older Magneto's lamentation to Xavier, regretting the waste of years and energy in fighting each other.
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

Looks like Wolverine got his metal claws back
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Kitsune wrote:Looks like Wolverine got his metal claws back
But was it future Wolverine or past Wolverine? Past Wolverine is easily explainable whereas future Wolverine might not.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Enigma wrote:
But was it future Wolverine or past Wolverine? Past Wolverine is easily explainable whereas future Wolverine might not.
"William Stryker, the only other man besides myself who can manipulate the metal adamantium ... " - Magneto X2

EDIT :: Plus Singer said continuity will be a little, errr, ruffled so ...
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Koolaidkirby
Padawan Learner

Post by Koolaidkirby »

so... did X-men 3 not happen ? i'm also confused on the film continuity at the moment
Evil will always triumph over good, because good, is dumb
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Man, don't try and make sense of X-Men continuity. It never ends well.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Hasn't Bryan Singer stated that the DOFP will explain the discrepancies between the original trilogy and the post-TLS films?
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

JME2 wrote:Hasn't Bryan Singer stated that the DOFP will explain the discrepancies between the original trilogy and the post-TLS films?
Yeah, he's said something to that effect.
“I said I’ll ‘fix a few things’ [with Days of Future Past]. It won’t be its primary function but there will be some fixing. It’s a really cool story, and incidentally, it facilitates all of these characters. They weren’t just thrown in there. And they all play a fun role.”
I'm expecting a few retcons here and there, but I doubt all the issues will be fixed.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Did he lose them in the latest Wolverine movie or am I forgetting something else?
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

No, that's right. His claws were severed and grew back without the covering. Of course, the bone versions look less like claws and more like spikes, but hey.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

I saw the trailer in the cinema when going to see Captain America, I knew right away to look for signs of his claws and it does look like he gets the metal ones back. Which isn't surprising since his girlfriend owns the company that made the silver samurai and has access to more adamantium.

What didn't make sense was how he had just the bone claws in the teaser at the end of The Wolverine, presumably set some time after the main film (there's a goof in there where Wolverine picks up the heated sword with 2 hands and there's no sign of his claws on his hands). I'm just glad they brought back the metal ones since the bone was more suited for stabbing than actual slashing.

It looks like they're going to be using some of the actors from X-Men first class, which would make sense given the plot.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

The general timeline, as I understand it, is like so:

--Future: Mutants being hunted, etc. Wolverine has metal claws (who knows how he got them back). Wolverine is sent back through time to...

--X-Men First Class time. Not sure how this works. I imagine he's going to go up against Fassbender-Magneto in this time period, trying to keep him from perpetrating the mutant terrorism that leads to Trask developing the Sentinels.

--Which somehow goes back to the future in some fashion. There was a visual at some point, I believe, of Magneto leading a bunch of flying things; perhaps he takes control of a bunch of Sentinels?

--Once everything's resolved we more or less go back to the X-Men timeline as of Last Stand.

Not sure how this jives with The Wolverine's ending, though, unless that's future-Magneto and future-Xavier travelling back through time themselves.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Elheru Aran wrote:Not sure how this jives with The Wolverine's ending, though, unless that's future-Magneto and future-Xavier travelling back through time themselves.
I'm sure there'll be some kind of explanation.

I know Patrick Stewart's on the record as they'll explain how Xavier reappeared given his death in TLS (though the seeds were planted in that post-credits bit).
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I really just wish they could fold the X-Men into the MCU. With DoFP they could explain away a lot of why the X-Men don't show up on the nightly news constantly.

That said, the new trailer is compelling with it's sad and desperate tone. (If it's the same one they are showing with Captain America)
It will be the first X-Men movie I will go to see in the theater since X2. (I wish I had seen First Class in the theater, and that is why I will see this one there)

I kinda figured that the reason they were going to send Wolverine back was because of his healing factor. The idea that he was actually a full grown adult back then already hadn't occurred to me. Although I find the idea of physical time travel more believable than sending a "brain" back in time. I guess it's relative.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"