Arrow (TV show) thread - SPOILERS WITHIN

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: Arrow (TV show) thread - SPOILERS WITHIN

Post by FaxModem1 »

Different character with the same codename. It's Isabel pumped full of the mirakuru.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Well the season 2 finale certainly delivered, and managed to pack in a lot - a lot - into its runtime. I think it would've benefited from being an hour long as some beats felt quite rushed, but overall it was a very satisfying climax to what has been a slightly uneven season.
They certainly didn't let up on the action - I loved the final showdown between Slade and Oliver, with their fight from 5 years ago showing how the playing field was now leveled. I'm hoping Slade sorts his head out a little bit and starts a solo mercenary career instead of relentlessly hunting down Oliver - he's too good a character to waste on a single arc like that.
With this and AoS finished, my midweek evenings are gonna be a lot more boring now... :(
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

My solution to the post-season-finale problem is Netflix. I'm planning a Red Dwar marathon to start and I'll see where it goes from there.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Yes, there is hope, I suppose. I'm going to make a start on Game Of Thrones soon, see what all the fuss is about. Plus I've discovered the weird and wonderful world of anime recently...
We'll get through this :P
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

So, that was a rather awesome season finale. I don't know if I liked Agents of SHIELD or Arrow's season finale better, but this one was really fun.

Things I loved:
I love that we had the League come back, and Nyssa Al Ghul was great. I hope we get to see her as a series regular next year.
Roy finally dons the mask and uses the bow. It's about time.
Thea is gone, she was much more tolerable this season, but I'm still glad she's gone.
Really great fights this episode, the battle in the tunnel and the duels between Oliver and Slade were marvelous.

Things I'm worried about:
They got rid of Ravager/Isabel. She was a good recurring villain, and it would have been nice to see how she stacked up as a recurring foe.
Detective Lance, he's a great character, and I really hope they don't kill him off. He's much too fun.
So, even the intro was lying about Oliver being on an island for five years?
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

CW has also released their new teaser for the Flash TV series:

Youtube

Already looks rather fun.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Entertainment Weekly
Devon Aoki joins 'Arrow' as Katana
By Chancellor Agard on Jul 2, 2014 at 9:50AM @chancelloragard
devon-aoki.jpg

Image Credit: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images

Comments 11

Meet Oliver Queen’s new mentor. Sin City‘s Devon Aoki is joining the third season of Arrow in the recurring role of Tatsu Yamashiro, known to comic-book readers as the sword-wielding Japanese hero Katana.
Related
The CW reveals its 2014 fall premiere dates
Emmy Watch: 'Arrow' stunt coordinator breaks down Arrow vs. Deathstroke, reveals his dream fight sequence
The 50 Best TV Scenes of the Past Year

On Arrow, Katana is the wife of Oliver’s handler in Hong Kong, and will thus appear in the flashbacks to Oliver’s time with ARGUS. Aoki’s character will be “a critical influence on his [Oliver journey to eventually become The Arrow of present day,” reports Deadline. It is not clear if we’ll see her in present-day Starling City.

Following DC Comics’ reboot, Katana joined the all-female crime-fighting group Birds of Prey—of which Black Canary,who has already appeared on Arrow, is also a member—and was recruited by Amanda Waller to join the United States’ Justice League of America, a team created to defend against the Justice League. Recently in the comics, it was revealed that Green Arrow and Katana share a connection to The Outsiders, a society formed of seven weapon-based clans: the Sword, the Arrow, the Spear, the Fist, the Shield, the Ax, and an unknown weapon.
So, another DC hero is joining the ranks of Arrow. The only question is whether or not she'll be just a recurring character, like Shado was in the first and second season, or someone like Barry Allen, whom the CW is hoping to launch another DC show off of.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

And now Brandon Routh joins the cast:
Exclusive
Arrow Targets Brandon Routh to Play Major DC Comics Superhero in Season 3

By Michael Ausiello / July 7 2014, 8:44 AM PDT

Brandon Routh Arrow The Atom

Brandon Routh is set to play another DC Comics super man — this time on Arrow.

The erstwhile Man of Steel is joining the CW hit’s third season in the recurring role of Ray Palmer, aka DC superhero The Atom, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED Stephen Amell Addresses Batman V Superman Speculation

An unparalleled scientist and inventor, Ray will play an unexpected role in the lives of Oliver and (rumored love interest) Felicity as the new owner of Queen Consolidated. Palmer’s plans for Queen Consolidated’s Applied Sciences Division will be shrouded in mystery.

In addition to his myriad comic book appearances, Ray/The Atom — who can alter the size of his body as well as Brandon Routh Arrow The Atomother objects — has turned up in numerous animated series, including, most recently, Cartoon Network’s Young Justice. Arrow marks the character’s live-action debut.

Déjà vu watch: Although The Atom isn’t able to fly like Superman, he can simulate flight a la Wonder Woman.

RELATED Gotham to Premiere at Comic-Con — Plus: Arrow, Flash and More Previews

Also joining Arrow this fall — as previously reported by TVLine — are Sin City‘s Devon Aoki (as DC Comics superheroine “Katana”), Karl Yune (as Oliver’s Hong Kong handler/Katana’s husband Maseo Yamashiro), and Peter Stormare (as Count Vertigo).

Routh’s TV credits include NBC’s late, much-missed Chuck, CBS’ short-lived Partners and, more recently, Crackle’s Chosen and Fox’s Enlisted.

Arrow premieres its third season on Wednesday, Oct. 8.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Interesting addition. If, by some miracle, they do link movie and TV continuities, we'll have 2 different Superman actors together in the same Justice League movie :D
And, now I think about it, 2 different Flash actors.

- Raw Shark

- SirNitram (RIP)
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Vertigo is coming back again? :|
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Wait, where does it say that Vertigo is coming back?
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Your article wrote:Also joining Arrow this fall — as previously reported by TVLine — are Sin City‘s Devon Aoki (as DC Comics superheroine “Katana”), Karl Yune (as Oliver’s Hong Kong handler/Katana’s husband Maseo Yamashiro), and Peter Stormare (as Count Vertigo).
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Well, at least they're no longer going with the random drug dealer, hopefully.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Well, it's official, the TV verse will be separate from the movie-verse. There goes my reason for watching the Batman v Superman.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=103872
Geoff Johns Clarifies DC Movie/TV Universe Connection; "You Won't See Batman Or Superman"
Talking at The Flash's TCA panel today, Geoff Johns has confirmed that there are still no plans to integrate the movie and TV DC universes, making it clear that keeping them separate allows Warner Bros. to "tell the story that's best for film". We also get an update on Wonder Woman...
Follow Josh:
View CBM Profile Follow on Facebook Follow on Twitter Follow on Google
By Josh Wilding - 7/18/2014

As Arrow continues to get more and more popular, and The Flash gets his own series, fans have been desperate to know whether the movie and television DC universes are one and the same. There have been hints that they both are and are not in the recent past, though Geoff Johns made it clear once and for all today that they are very much their own thing. "You'll see a lot of DC universe characters [on The Flash and Arrow]. You won't see Batman or Superman. We're on production on Batman V Superman now. So you'll see characters like The Atom or Firestorm, but no not Batman or Superman right now [on TV]." That makes sense, but Smallville aired when Superman Return was released, so why not? Well, Johns is referring to the Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck versions of these characters, and went on to definitively state that we won't see the two worlds collide anytime soon. "It's a separate universe than film so that the filmmakers can tell the story that's best for film. While we explore something different in a different corner of the DC universe. We will not be integrating the film and television universes."

Now, what's going on with Wonder Woman? As well all know, Gl Gadot will play the character in 2016's Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, while a solo movie has also been rumoured. At one point, The CW was planning on launching Amazon, a series which would focus on a younger version of the Amazonian princess. That was put to one side when they started to prioritise The Flash, but it still could happen according to CW Mark Pedowitz. "If she is and we can get the right script we will do it. One of the nice things is that a lot of the other broadcasters and cable networks have done Comic Book Characters based on the success of Arrow. So for our purposes, it is a rich source material, we know what the mythology is, and if you have the right superhero character you go for it." Johns reiterated this point, adding that as long as they don't feel repetitive (after all, there's no point telling the same story on film and on television), "there's room for everything." He finished by adding that he would most like to see Shazam adapted to live action, though it wasn't clear whether he meant on the big or small screen...

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... 1YdVZ1G.99
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Meh. We still have a few years until the Justice League movie is released. Maybe they'll do the smart thing and surprise us.

- Raw Shark

- SirNitram (RIP)
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Entertainment Weekly
See Colton Haynes as Arsenal in 'Arrow' season 3
By Samantha Highfill on Jul 23, 2014 at 3:00PM @samhighfill
arrow

Image Credit: Cate Cameron/The CW
Full Size Image

Comments 68

Last season on Arrow, Roy Harper was injected with Slade’s Mirakuru serum and had to deal with all of the rage that went with it. But now that Roy is Mirakuru-free, what will season three hold for the wearer of red hoodies? For one thing, another red hoodie.

As comic-book fans know, Roy Harper sometimes goes by another name: Arsenal. And not only can EW confirm that Roy will be joining Team Arrow as a fully fledged member in season three, but here’s an exclusive first look at Colton Haynes, who plays Roy, too—in full Arsenal attire (above).

The Arsenal suit will make its first appearance in the first episode of season three, which returns Oct. 8 on The CW.
So, we know he's called Arsenal now.
Image is linked in case people want to wait for season 3 to see it, and it's also a rather big image: The Arsenal costume

Personally, I like it, as it's not the same damn hoodie he wore in season 1 and 2.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

I approve. I'm hoping the Arrow costume itself gets a bit of an upgrade as well, the suit is nice but a bit plain and has a faintly homemade feel.

- Raw Shark

- SirNitram (RIP)
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

First trailer for season 3. Looks amazeballs.

- Raw Shark

- SirNitram (RIP)
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Same trailer as above, only with the addition of the season's villain. Looks like the Demon's Head is finally appearing.

Youtube link

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKE36sL6jKc[/youtube]

I'm very curious as to how they're going to top Liam Neeson.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

FaxModem1 wrote:Same trailer as above, only with the addition of the season's villain. Looks like the Demon's Head is finally appearing.

Youtube link

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKE36sL6jKc[/youtube]

I'm very curious as to how they're going to top Liam Neeson.
*Makes ultrasonic squeaking noise*
I doubt the actor can top Neeson's performance, but I'm still hugely looking forward to his appearance.

- Raw Shark

- SirNitram (RIP)
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

It seems that season 3 of Arrow is just as chockablock full of heroes as the Batman vs Superman movie will be.

Wildcat has been cast
J.R. Ramirez To Play Wildcat On ‘Arrow’ Season 3
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Tuesday July 29, 2014 @ 8:41am PDTTags: Arrow, JR Ramirez, the CW
inShare
Comments (11)
Nellie Andreeva

J.R. Ramirez To Play Wildcat On ‘Arrow’ Season 3EXCLUSIVE: J.R. Ramirez has been cast as Ted “Wildcat” Grant on the upcoming third season of the CW‘s Arrow. The show’s executive producer Marc Guggenheim announced at Comic-Con this past weekend that the character would be introduced on the show in Season 3 but did not reveal casting information. The role is envisioned as a potentially recurring. In the DC Comics, Ted Grant is a member J.R. Ramirez Wildcat Arrow CWof the Justice Society for America, as well as the mentor and trainer of other masked vigilantes including the Black Canary.

In Arrow, Grant will be a former boxer who now runs a gym for underprivileged youth. A man with a mysterious past, he will play a pivotal role in Laurel Lance’s arc this season. Wildcat is one of two major DC comic book characters to be added to Arrow this coming seaso, along with villain Ra’s al Ghul. This marks Ramirez’s return to the CW where he recurred on Emily Owens, MD. The actor, repped by Mavrick Artists and manager Marie Mathews, has been recurring on Starz’s drama Power.
I think we're going to have a TV version of the Justice League competing with the movie version of the Justice League among the fans.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Which is silly and counter-productive on DC/WB's part if you ask me. Still, I predict Sara will be getting bumped off in series 3, and Laurel taking over as Black Canary. Ted Grant being introduced only reinforces the possibility.

- Raw Shark

- SirNitram (RIP)
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

And now Manhunter has been cast
'Arrow' Enlists 'Medium' Star for DC Role in Season 3 (Exclusive)
2:00 PM PDT 8/4/2014 by Philiana Ng

Email
Print
Comments

David Cubitt has joined The CW comic-book drama as a crucial guest star.
DAVID CUBITT Denim - P 2014
Courtesy of Open Entertainment Management/Kirk Talent Agency & Resolution/Rob Daly
David Cubitt

Arrow is introducing another DC Comics character — and he'll have strong ties to Diggle.
Recommended
Comic-Con: 'Arrow' Reveals Season 3 Villain (Video)
Comic-Con: 'Arrow' Debuts Epic First Season 3 Trailer (Video)
'Arrow' Bosses Reveal Season 3 Secrets: New Romances, Dark Arcs and Big Surprises

Medium star David Cubitt, who played Detective Lee Scanlon on the CBS procedural, has landed a meaty guest role in The CW comic-book drama's third season as Mark Shaw, who becomes Manhunter, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Cubitt is slated to appear in the third episode.

PHOTOS The Scene at Comic-Con 2014

Who is Mark Shaw? In the DC comics, he is one of many who take on the Manhunter name, including Kate Spencer. When the character makes his Starling City entrance, he will be an A.R.G.U.S. operative in Corto Maltese who crosses paths with Diggle. In comic lore, Mark has a connection to the Suicide Squad. There have been subtle nods to Manhunter on Arrow; in several episodes, a Starling City prosecutor district attorney named Kate Spencer played a pivotal role, before she was killed in late season two. (One of the characters who becomes Manhunter in the comics has the same name.)

English-born Canadian actor Cubitt is the latest to board the upcoming season of Arrow, which will introduce prominent DC villain Ra's al Ghul as the main bad guy.

STORY 'Arrow' Reveals Season 3 Villain

"We have a really clever way of doing Ra's this year that is true to the comic-book origins but different from the way Ra's was portrayed in the Nolan movies. You don't want to compete with Batman Begins, even though we've always said Batman Begins was a big influence on us," Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim told a handful of reporters at Comic-Con. "We really wanted our Ra's to be very different — at least our own Arrow-ified version."

Other key additions to the season include the Atom/Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), Wildcat/Ted Grant (J.R. Ramirez), Felicity's mother (Charlotte Ross), Maseo (Karl Yune), Katana (Devon Aoki) and a new Count Vertigo (Peter Stormare).

Cubitt is repped by Resolution, Kirk Talent Agencies and Open Entertainment. He recently recurred as Norma Bates' late husband on Bates Motel and has several films, including Kit Harington's Seventh Son, in post. Arrow returns Oct. 8 on The CW.

Email: Philiana.Ng@THR.com
Twitter: @insidethetube
I'm curious as to what approach they're going with for Ras that is faithful to the comics, but not the way Batman Begins went with. Any guesses?
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Devon Aoki has been replaced with Rila Furkushima as Katana Link
Rila Fukushima Replaces Devon Aoki as Katana on Arrow
Source: Deadline
August 27, 2014
Tweet87 6

The Wolverine star Rila Fukushima is set to replace Devon Aoki as Tatsu Yamashiro (aka Katana) on the upcoming third season of "Arrow." Deadline reports that Aoki departed the series due to scheduling conflicts.

A skilled martial artist, Katana gets her name form the deadly sword she wields which contains the souls of everyone she has killed, including her late husband. It's unclear if this supernatural angle will manifest itself in the character in the series, but we do know that she will be important to Oliver's flashback sequences in the upcoming season. In the comics, the character is closely associated not only with the Birds of Prey but also Batman's The Outsiders.

"Arrow" airs Wednesdays at 8 P.M. ET/PT on The CW with the new season set to premiere on October 8th.

(Photo Credit: WENN.com)

Read more: Rila Fukushima Replaces Devon Aoki as Katana on Arrow - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.p ... z3BhG6OojQ
Follow us: @ComingSoonNet on Twitter | ComingSoon on Facebook
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Season 3 premiered last night, and while I greatly enjoyed the new Vertigo. I was rather surprised about Spoiler
the murder of Canary/Sara by someone with arrows.
. I think this is what will bring in Ras Al Ghul for the season, as I doubt the League of Assassins will be happy about this.