Stitch on a Mogwai filled Earth

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Who wins?

1. Stitch
100%
2. The Gremlins
No votes

Total votes: 7

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Stitch on a Mogwai filled Earth

Post by FaxModem1 »

It happened, it finally happened, a gremlin(Gremlins) got close enough to the ocean to take a swim, and now the Earth is swarming with Gremlins.

Meanwhile, at the same time, Stitch(Lilo and Stitch) crash lands in North America.

The Gremlins don't like Stitch, and Stitch doesn't like the Gremlins. Who wins in this fight over a devastated Earth? Which is quicker at destroying civilization?
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Re: Stitch on a Mogwai filled Earth

Post by LaCroix »

While explaining his creation to the Galactic Council early on in Lilo & Stitch, Dr. Jumba gives the following rundown of Stitch's powers: "He is bulletproof, fireproof, shockproof, and can think faster than [a] super computer. He can see in the dark and can move objects 3,000 times his size. His only instinct - to destroy everything he touches!"

Feral Mind (temporarily): In the original Lilo & Stitch movie, Jumba claimed that Stitch's "destructive tendency was taking effect" and that he would be irresistibly drawn to large cities to "back up sewers, reverse street signs and steal everyone's left shoe."
Dense Body Tissue: Although we rarely see Stitch shot at with a bullet, he does survive the crash of his spaceship with only a scratch, is only briefly stunned by a fall of several thousand feet and has to be run over by three tractor-trailers in succession to be knocked out.
Fireproof Skin: As for fireproof, he does drive a tanker truck of gasoline into a volcano and ends up only a little singed.
Bulletproof Skin: Weapons fired from plasma guns seem to cause him discomfort, although he can hold it in his hands long enough to throw the plasma back at his enemies.
Shockproof: He also has some resistance to electricity; he was able to take a electrical attack from Sparky and he quickly recovered from it. However, he can still feel pain from shocking despite his immunity to electricity.
Hypercognition: Thinking faster than a super computer is harder to quantify, but he does escape from captivity fairly ingeniously, builds a model of San Francisco after only glancing at a postcard; grabs a crossword puzzle from the table and finishes it in about 7 seconds; builds a bomb out of a plasma-bolt, a doll and a roller skate; builds a "bucking bronco" out of a toaster, a vacuum cleaner, and a lamp; reads aloud a description of a display at a local museum at a remarkable speed; is able to understand he can use a human as a shield from Jumba, by Pleakley's presence; and generally picks up quickly on what is happening around him.
Lingual Intuition: Stitch can converse fluently in over 20 different languages, but prefers Tantalog.
Cooking Intuition: He can cook 372 recipes, but prefers Chinese food.
Parallel Computing: He is an information repository, with a dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia, and experiment catalogue, and records every moment of his life, in a reserved portion of his brain that can theoretically store up to 300 PB.
Guitar Player: He is also fluent in playing the guitar.
Vehicle Intuition: Also driving any sort of vehicle, which can be as simple as riding a tricycle or as complex as piloting inter-galactic spaceships.
Enhanced Strength: His ability to lift objects 3,000 times his own size and weight is seen several times throughout the franchise, including incidents where he picks up a descending blast door, hits Dr. Jumba with a thrown Volkswagen Beetle (shouting gleefully, "Blue punch buggy! No punch back!") and stops an 18-wheeled tanker of gasoline dead in its tracks. The reason why Stitch can lift 3,000 times his own weight even though he has small arms is because his muscles contain excessive compressed amounts of myofibril in one muscle cell. This muscular arrangement makes Stitch's muscles contract 1,000 times faster than a human's muscle can and makes them much much more powerful. The ability is sometimes joked about in the later series; for example, in Stitch! The Movie, Hämsterviel, while physically restraining Stitch for a cloning experiment, counters Stitch's strength with restraint devices, that are equal in strength themselves, as Hämsterviel loudly declares, to "three-thousand and one!" times Stitch's own weight. This was accomplished due to the fact that Stitch cannot lift anything even an ounce larger than 3,000 times his size and weight.
Wall Crawling: Pads on Stitch's hands and feet can secrete a sticky substance allowing him to adhere to almost any surface and scale buildings and walls.
Spherical Form: His skeletal system is very flexible, allowing him to put his feet into his mouth and become a rolling ball and also to allow him to squeeze through tight spaces.
Enhanced Jump: Stitch's legs are small, but powerful enough to enable him to jump several feet into the air.
Electromagnetic Vision: His eyes can pick up various forms of light and he can filter out one or the other if necessary. Stitch can see in normal vision, during this mode, his eyes appear black in color. Furthermore, he can also magnify his vision.
Night Vision: Eyes appear green.
Infrared: Eyes appear red.
X-Ray Vision: Eyes appear bright green.
Audio Amplifier: He also can act as an audio amplifier, radio and/or microphone, illustrated when he uses a claw as the needle on a record player, and the music comes out of his open mouth.
Enhanced Hearing & Smell: He has an acute sense of smell and hearing.
Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combat: He also dexterously skilled in hand-to-hand combat, using all four arms or just two.
Alien Form: In his alien form, he has spines on his back, two antennas on his head, and can grow two extra pair of arms.
Dog Form: Stitch can hide his spins, antennas and extra pair of two arms in his body, taking the form of an ordinary earth dog, he used this to be Lilo's dog, which others thought he was an earth as well.
Semi-Immortality: Stitch can't age, when Skip flashed 10 years ahead, he didn't aged a bit, but for some reason Babyfier's powder reversed him into an infant, meaning he's immune to aging older.
Vacuum Adaptation: Along with the rest of his cousins, Stitch can survive in the vacuum of space due to being an genetic alien.

Weaknesses

Water: Stitch's greatest weakness is his inability to float or swim due to his dense molecular structure, which causes him to sink like a stone in water. Stitch originally had an instinctive aquaphobia, but was able to overcome it because of Lilo's influence over him.
Sonic Blasts: Another weakness is the fact that his super-sensitive hearing can lead to temporary deafness when exposed to sonic blasts, such as Yaarp's destructive sound blast.
Gremlins are a nuisance, Stitch is a weapon held in check by Lilo. It would be fun seeing him tear through them, or improvising a superweapon and wipe them out. Especially since the gremlins would die en masse all over the planet, anyway - the sun is merciless. He only has to hold out for a few hours of night until the sunrise boils away most of his enemies, and then can clean the area up hideout by hideout.
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

The Gremlins seemed to wipe out most of the town of Kingston Falls, I think that puts them above nuisance.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

It's been ages since I last saw the movie, but I don't think it was all of the town, more like a few houses and a movie theater. It's not like your national guard came out shooting them with rifles or running them over with tanks or anything. Seriously, I don't think they could even outfight one of your better armed street gangs. Stitch meanwhile, well as has been said before he is a bloody force of nature.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

FaxModem1 wrote:The Gremlins seemed to wipe out most of the town of Kingston Falls, I think that puts them above nuisance.
They overran a sleepy townlet, on christmas night, mostly in their sleep... And as far as we know, noone was killed, only a lot of small things smashed and people scratched up. A teenage boy and his girlfriend singlehandedly faught them with improvized weapons and wiped them out...
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Radio report while Billy is off to kill Stripe.
It's been a rough night
for Rockin' Ricky...
...but he's still on the air!
The Marines are standing by
with fire hoses.

News report from the end of the movie:
We switch to a report...
...from the scene of
the Christmas Eve riots.
This is Lew Landers,
WDHB's Action Central News...
...at the site of Dorry's Tavern...
...or what used to be Dorry's Tavern,
in Kingston Falls...
...where officials blame...
...mass hysteria for the escalating
series of unexplained...
...accidents, fires and explosions
that rocked this once-peaceful town...
...on Christmas Eve.
The bizarre demise
of Mrs. Ruby Deagle, widow...
...of convicted stock-swindler
It seems that while it is a sleepy townlet on a Christmas night, it seems bad enough that there were casualties and destruction of a enough of the town to be considered a problem.

Also, it seems that the Marines were going to be there and exacerbate the problem.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

The one thing I take from this thread is that I now have to watch Lilo & Stitch and Gremlins again, it's been too long...

Thanks FaxModem1! :D
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'