THE OotS Thread, Part IV.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: THE OotS Thread, Part IV.

Post by Crazedwraith »

LadyTevar wrote:Oona is certainly a leader of this set of goblins, as we see she's got the biggest horns on her mask. I really can't dislike anyone who cares for her mount, is greeted by and hugs her doggie (worg?) before she goes inside. She might be working with RedCloak, but she's a good person at heart.
She's also smiling at MitD. That pretty much cinches it.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I wonder if the new umbrella of duckies was to avoid copyright infringement from the Hello Kitty people.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

FaxModem1 wrote:I wonder if the new umbrella of duckies was to avoid copyright infringement from the Hello Kitty people.
Don't know, but I like the new umbrella :)
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

LadyTevar wrote:
FaxModem1 wrote:I wonder if the new umbrella of duckies was to avoid copyright infringement from the Hello Kitty people.
Don't know, but I like the new umbrella :)
Well, yes, it is adorable.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

LadyTevar wrote:Oona is certainly a leader of this set of goblins, as we see she's got the biggest horns on her mask. I really can't dislike anyone who cares for her mount, is greeted by and hugs her doggie (worg?) before she goes inside. She might be working with RedCloak, but she's a good person at heart.
It's the cliche, I know, but Hitler loved dogs. That she likes her pet doesn't make her good; after all, she just tried to straight murder a couple of people unprovoked.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Rogue 9 wrote:
It's the cliche, I know, but Hitler loved dogs. That she likes her pet doesn't make her good; after all, she just tried to straight murder a couple of people unprovoked.
She tried to murder a couple of warriors of an army that have repeatedly committed genocide on her species. It's not a trivial qualifier.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

1037 is up, and she did in fact just try to straight murder a couple of people unprovoked, as she explicitly says.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

That said, I like her. And the wolf. "Nod. Get treat."

Oona and her wolf are both grim, nasty characters you would not ever want for your enemies, and it's probably in the world's best interest if they are killed in action.

Belkar is also a grim, nasty character you would never want for an enemy, and it's probably in the world's best interest if he dies in action too.

But I like all three of 'em. They're... human (ironically).
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Dass.Kapital
Padawan Learner

Post by Dass.Kapital »

....And now I have Zathrass' voice circling around in my ear...
Highlord Laan wrote:Agatha Heterodyne built a squadron of flying pigs and an overgunned robot reindeer in a cave! With a box of scraps!
"And low, I have cometh, the destroyer of threads."
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Dass.Kapital
Padawan Learner

Post by Dass.Kapital »

Yes...

"Nod, get treat. Is not fulfilling life... Will probably not be fulfilling death, but at least there is symmetry..."

:D
Highlord Laan wrote:Agatha Heterodyne built a squadron of flying pigs and an overgunned robot reindeer in a cave! With a box of scraps!
"And low, I have cometh, the destroyer of threads."
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

#1038 : Goblin to Goblin is up.

Interesting how they focus on the different ways Goblins look at each other and at "The Dark One". We'd seen RedCloak himself look down on Hobgoblins as expendable troops prior to the attack on Sapphire City, before having his sudden 'hey, we're all Goblins!' moment. I have to wonder now how far that 'all goblins' line of thought is going to go.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Heh, Never thought how a dog would consider petting a noogie and something that has to be endured to get treats.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

LadyTevar wrote:#1038 : Goblin to Goblin is up.

Interesting how they focus on the different ways Goblins look at each other and at "The Dark One". We'd seen RedCloak himself look down on Hobgoblins as expendable troops prior to the attack on Sapphire City, before having his sudden 'hey, we're all Goblins!' moment. I have to wonder now how far that 'all goblins' line of thought is going to go.
Redcloak is a true-believer to the point where he probably actually DOES believe it now. But cynically, all the goblinoid races must have been adopting this attitude toward each other for centuries, so it's no surprise that no one else who doesn't know him (like the hobgoblins of Gobbotopia) really believes he believes it.
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Kragoor's statue. Is it just me is the original legend for it 'Sacrifice Forgotten'. That's pretty gloomy without the additions.
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Crazedwraith wrote:Kragoor's statue. Is it just me is the original legend for it 'Sacrifice Forgotten'. That's pretty gloomy without the additions.
Gloomy but appropriate. The survivors of the party worked very hare to ensure that Kragor's sacrifice - along with the Gates and the Snarl - were forgotten save for by a select few...
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

nice one :-)

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Great way to get out of drawing what really wasn't a important battle, too LOL!

Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Clever monster in the darkness. Had to reread it a couple times to understand what it did.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

FaxModem1 wrote:Clever monster in the darkness. Had to reread it a couple times to understand what it did.
yeah, I had to look it over a couple times as well before I realized what the extra paint strokes meant. Pretty clever of the MiD, narrowing the choices. With what we know of him in the past, he's got a interesting record for having his guesses be right. I'm pretty confident that the doors he marked off don't lead anywhere.

Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

That or they do lead to something and he doesn't want Xykon to find them. IIRC, his interaction with O'Chuul have caused him to question how much he should support Xykon.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Napoleon the Clown wrote:That or they do lead to something and he doesn't want Xykon to find them. IIRC, his interaction with O'Chuul have caused him to question how much he should support Xykon.
That's what I was thinking. MitD seems to be questioning its role in things, and I think is making things better through minor passive actions.